PDA

View Full Version : Mega probs with my cabrio roof!!!!

m8cxc
13th July 2010, 06:26 PM
hi all, ill try keep this short, couple days ago was putting my roof up and heard a crack then the passenger quarter bak window got stuck and wouldnt go bak up managed to get it bak up again anyway took it into harry fairbairn irvine today for it to be checked and was told that it would be £451 to fix it as it was the near side seal and rail guide had broke then asked for a print out of everything that had been done to the car since it was new 2004, to find out in 2008 it had a full new roof at the cost of £2500 under the warranty then saw work had been done on the roof in 2004 1 month after it left the garage brand new at a cost of £1500 under the warranty same problems as all of the above anyway to say i wasnt pleased was an understatment, came home like a bear with a sore arse and thought no im no havin this obviously sum sort of problem with this roof phoned mini customer services they said that i dont even qualify under the good will gesture scheme and they could do nothing for me, went to trading standard as all work done up to 2008 was done by warranty thus when the warranty runs out so does the warranty on the parts that have been fixed, trading standards advised me to write a letter to mini to convey my dissapointment to which i will do, any other advise on what to do would be very much appreciated as i think a new roof should last a lot longer than 2 yrs !!!!!! rant over and breath lol thanks in advance carol x

GCA3N
13th July 2010, 06:59 PM
I hate seeing this kinda stuff and sorry to say typical again of Mini. I hope you get it sorted soon carol.

AndyP & Lenore
13th July 2010, 07:04 PM
Carol, when did you buy the car?

m8cxc
13th July 2010, 07:07 PM
april 2009 !! only had it 15months

AndyP & Lenore
13th July 2010, 07:12 PM
Ah right. I had it in my head you got it in December last year or January this year. If that had been the case, it would have been easier to argue the case on the Sale Of Goods Act in that the goods should comply with the requirements of the Act for a reasonable period after the sale. However, I doubt you'd have any luck arguing that - even with a £2,500 roof - after 15 months, on a used car to start with.

Oh dear, I think you're pretty well b*gg*red. The joys of motoring I'm afraid.:frown:

A.:frown:

m8cxc
13th July 2010, 07:26 PM
yeah i know but am no givin up without a fight lol

GCA3N
13th July 2010, 07:28 PM
yeah i know but am no givin up without a fight lol

Good on you!!

ianking
13th July 2010, 08:17 PM
Did you buy it from Harry Fairbairn or another MINI dealer?

m8cxc
13th July 2010, 08:44 PM
naw it was bought from arnold clark but arnold clark own harry fairbairn in irvine

ianking
13th July 2010, 08:56 PM
That might be there get out clause though

m8cxc
13th July 2010, 08:58 PM
they can say wot they like am takin it the full hog a roof should last more than 2 yrs surley and its the 3rd time its been done mine will be the 4th and am no acceptin that end of lol