PDA

View Full Version : Live Aid - What's your memories?

AndyP & Lenore
13th July 2010, 11:48 AM
Live Aid was 25 years ago today. What were you doing on this day, and what's your memories of the day?

Honestly, I can't really remember exactly what I was doing. I was 13 at the time, and we were running the Regal Cinema in Pitlochry, so I was probably helping out there a bit, hanging out with my friends and so on. Wasn't hugely into music at that age, so it was just an "event" somewhere else at the time.

Around that time, my older brother Ian organised his own (albeit on a slightly smaller scale) live charity concert in the public park in Pitlochry. I was chuffed to be helping out with that. Neil might be along soon to say who the headline band was, but I seem to remember he/they were pretty famous and local to the area at the time. The event was organised with Garry Stagg, Knockhill's resident commentator.

Lenore's memory is clearer. She remembers she was part of a team collecting money for charity in Irvine town centre. All the kids were given collecting tins and told whoever collects the most gets a fiver. Lenore won! Then had the fiver taken back because it turns out she was too young to be collecting for charity. So her mum and dad treated her to a new pair of shoes - in Poundstretcher! Still, after 17 years of marriage, I know how a new pair of shoes puts a smile on Lenore's face. If I'm ever in the doghouse for anything, I don't part with any cash at Interflora, I head straight to Barrats or Clarks - works every time.

A.:D

Gismo
13th July 2010, 11:53 AM
As usual i was offshore, I was on a Shell rig, can't remember it's name, my wife video taped the entire show and i watched it when i got back home

Ferengo
13th July 2010, 01:04 PM
Dunno, I was only 4 at the time :p

ianking
13th July 2010, 01:21 PM
I was only 3 but my folks still have a poor video recording that they made on our first VCR. I remember watching it about 6 or 7 years ago and thinking it was an amazing concert.
Can you buy a digitaly remastered version?

Gismo
13th July 2010, 01:45 PM
Can you buy a digitaly remastered version?Absolutely, eBay is your friend, or from any reputable supplier, simply named Live Aid and is widely available on DVD :thumbs up:

N16SHP
13th July 2010, 02:02 PM
Swimming round in circles?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

ianking
13th July 2010, 02:17 PM
Absolutely, eBay is your friend, or from any reputable supplier, simply named Live Aid and is widely available on DVD :thumbs up:

Might have to go buy that then.

Crombers
13th July 2010, 04:49 PM
Can you buy a digitaly remastered version?

Dunno if it's digitally remastered but I've got the whole thing on DVD

Crombers
13th July 2010, 04:54 PM
13/07/85 was the day/night after my 21st & I watched the whole thing from beginning to end.

Highlights ....................

Bryan Ferry, Slave to Love
Queen, ............. sole the show
U2, massive fan then, massive fan now, ............... runners up
Bowie, Heroes

Oh & Phil Collins doing London & Philidelphia with the assistance of the one & only Concorde :thumbs up: :yes nod:

stoney
13th July 2010, 05:30 PM
i was only 2 year old so dont have a clue

AndyP & Lenore
13th July 2010, 05:58 PM
i was only 2 year old so dont have a clue

The only thing that's changed, really, is that you're now 27.:laugh:

A.:D

Scottie
13th July 2010, 05:59 PM
I was 22 and I was at the there. Had a great time was the first time I went away from home with my pals.