PDA

View Full Version : problems with MINI split rims

stoney
12th July 2010, 04:37 PM
now i know some of you have had problems in the past with the mini split rims :sad:
did you get MINI to replace them for you ???? :confused:
and if so how did you go about this ???:confused:

bmw have told me that they can not be refurb bye them :argh: so why do they do they make wheels like that when thy can not fix them :ragin::ragin:

any help would be brill

Thanx Stoney :thumbs up:

euan
12th July 2010, 04:43 PM
Couldn't get them to replace mine as I'd kerbed one, so they said that was the cause of the damage. Totally wasn't, but there you go.

stoney
12th July 2010, 05:18 PM
mine are perfect not a kerb in site they where fixed for me picking the car up

Mon the fish
13th July 2010, 07:09 AM
Didn't think the GP had split rims...?

stoney
13th July 2010, 07:16 AM
Didn't think the GP had split rims...?

they are what they call a cosmetic split rim

MINI William
13th July 2010, 08:17 AM
Stoney if you are having problems with your wheels I would take them back to the garage you got them from and if they got someone to fix your wheels they should offer some sort of warranty with them. As younhave only had the car a couple of months now.

Mon the fish
13th July 2010, 01:33 PM
I always wondered how you would refurb a GP wheel, with the polished lip

stoney
13th July 2010, 03:01 PM
Stoney if you are having problems with your wheels I would take them back to the garage you got them from and if they got someone to fix your wheels they should offer some sort of warranty with them. As younhave only had the car a couple of months now.

i have done that and they said they can not do any thing about it unless i have them all black or silver and i dont want that i want standard gp wheels

MINI William
13th July 2010, 07:53 PM
i have done that and they said they can not do any thing about it unless i have them all black or silver and i dont want that i want standard gp wheels

Thats a tad poor. Only thing I can think of is to buy a set of reps :argh:

GCA3N
13th July 2010, 07:58 PM
Thats a tad poor. Only thing I can think of is to buy a set of reps :argh:

They are shiney black though and proper ones are matt black, I think:confused:

Craig
13th July 2010, 08:21 PM
correct Greig.... Saw Stoney's wheels tonight and I defo think he has a claim with MINI... No way they should be in that condition, especially as they noticed the problem when he picked the car up... :frown:

Fight them Rob !!! Just another fob off to a loyal MINI customer once more... :argh:

stoney
13th July 2010, 10:34 PM
yep i am going to be sending am email to them in the next few days along with pics just need to give them a clean so it can be seen easy :thumbs up:

GCA3N
14th July 2010, 06:06 AM
good luck stoney.

zimbo
14th July 2010, 10:02 AM
yep i am going to be sending am email to them in the next few days along with pics just need to give them a clean so it can be seen easy :thumbs up:

Well get your finger out then :lol: