PDA

View Full Version : Breaking new.........

Big Gordy
9th July 2010, 10:35 AM
Casey Stoner has announced that he will be leaving Ducati to become a works Honda rider for 2011 :cool:
Which leaves a vacant seat at Ducati for the 2011 season.............will it be filled by a certain Mr.Rossi I wonder...:p
can you imagine if he won the 2011 championship on the Duc.......Italy would go nuts :yes nod:

N16SHP
9th July 2010, 10:39 AM
Yep, i'd say we all knew from Casey's reaction to questions about it that it was gonna happen. As i've said previously, i'm a big Casey and Nicky fan, plus a Ducati fan from Bayliss's SBK days so to have them all under one roof was awsome! I do like the Repsol team so a'l still be a big fan. As for Mr Rossi, i won't attempt to say he's not good when he's clearly the greatest of all time, but I just do not like the guy. He's arrogant and ****y (which again he has every right to be) but I just can't see myself cheering him on, on the big red machine next season :(

Gismo
9th July 2010, 10:52 AM
This has been well publicised in the recent media, MCN especially.
Love him or hate him Rossi is the greatest ever and will take a lot for someone to overhaul his achievements, that said, it would be interesting to see what he can make of the Ducati as Stoner has so far been the only one able to ride it.
It wouldn't surprise me if he is on the Ducati next year.

Who is actually leaving Honda next year to make way for Stoner? surely not Pedrosa?

Edit: Just read the statement, Honda intend keeping Pedrosa and Davizioso, hmmmmmmmmmmmm a 3rd factory bike??

GCA3N
9th July 2010, 12:07 PM
....also spies is also going to Yamaha to fill rossi's seat, so I hear.

Big Gordy
9th July 2010, 05:36 PM
Well.............Honda were seemingly in talks with Red Bull about running Stoner in a lone factory team as Repsol hadn't the money to run all 3 of them:p
Don't think Spies will move up to the factory team until 2012 as Yamaha were treating 2010 as his learning year with next year as a consolidation year before moving up to full factory status in 2012.....but.......if the GOAT does go to Ducati then that would all change :rolleyes:

Big Gordy
9th July 2010, 05:39 PM
The Ducati thing seems to have stemed from the fact that Rossi's contract for next year was a salary drop to 9 million where as Lorenzo's was a salary increase to 8 million:thud:and Ducati have seemingly offered him 12 million per year for 2 years.....mmmmmmm....tough call:laugh:

zimbo
10th July 2010, 11:20 AM
Yeah next season is going to VERY interesting to watch, at the moment it looks like Stoner will be on a Factory Honda of some sorts be it Repsol or not and Rossi possibly going to the Big Red squad on the Ducati it just begs the question then of who will be taking Rossis seat on the second Fiat Yamaha? I doubt very much that Spies would be given the opportunity since hes only been in MotoGP for half a season, so even if he has proven himself to be really good so far, so we'll wait and see who gets the seat if anyone at all... :confused:

So Stoner(Honda), Rossi(Ducati), Pedrosa(Honda) and Lorenzo(Yamaha) there are going to be some epic front of the race action from these four battling it out for sure, assuming all goes well with the Ducati, lets hope they get it sorted and working like it should be, coz last year and this year as well it just does not seem to be up to the job.

Bring on 2011 I say :clap::lol:

Big Gordy
15th July 2010, 09:55 AM
:sheep: Rossi has just confirmed he WILL be racing in Germany this weekend only 41 days after breaking his leg:thud::clap:

Gismo
15th July 2010, 10:10 AM
:sheep: Rossi has just confirmed he WILL be racing in Germany this weekend only 41 days after breaking his leg:thud::clap:Still waiting for confirmation from the circuit doctors, but, yep, he wants to race

zimbo
15th July 2010, 12:17 PM
WooHoo... :clap:

Hogman
15th July 2010, 01:12 PM
If he does race then dont expect him to be near the front

Big Gordy
16th July 2010, 07:57 AM
Well the GOAT has been given the green light by the circuit doctor to race this weekend:thumbs up: I think he'll manage a top 6 place...maybe even into the top 4:yes nod:

Gismo
16th July 2010, 08:23 AM
Well the GOAT has been given the green light by the circuit doctor to race this weekend:thumbs up: I think he'll manage a top 6 place...maybe even into the top 4:yes nod:I take it you're not fond of him then

N16SHP
16th July 2010, 09:45 AM
I take it you're not fond of him then

I hope thats a bit of sark Boss, GOAT = Greatest of All Time, possibly Steve Parish's most over used phrase of all time lol!

I think Rossi is the type of guy, although i'm not a huge fan, knows his own body, and knows that if he wasn't fit, he wouldn't ride. This season is not even close to being over, so I think he's determind to make it as hard as possible for Jorge!!

Hogman
16th July 2010, 09:49 AM
My prediction is Rossi will do well considering, but a top 6 finish is about as good as things will get, although with Rossi you can never write him off!!

GOAT - really, not sure now as you have to consider that nowadays all the traction control, launch control etc etc etc massively helps the rider, now if they didnt have any electronic help then without doubt he would be the goat! The thing is you will never know as its impossible to pit riders from different generations against one another to really know he is the best ever.

One thing for sure, cant wait for first practice today!!

N16SHP
16th July 2010, 09:52 AM
GOAT - really, not sure now as you have to consider that nowadays all the traction control, launch control etc etc etc massively helps the rider, now if they didnt have any electronic help then without doubt he would be the goat! The thing is you will never know as its impossible to pit riders from different generations against one another to really know he is the best ever.

Totally agree with the last part of what you said, it is impossible to compare sportsmen for different generations, however I think if you take away the technical aids and just look at Rossi as a competitor and a born winner, thats where i'd say he wins the GOAT!

Big Gordy
16th July 2010, 10:25 AM
All the techno gizmos are a relatively recent thing in the last 2 or 3 years. There was none of that stuff on the bikes when he won his world championships on the 125/250 Aprillias and the 500cc 2 stroke NSR Hondas....god I wish they could bring the 500's back....all that power sliding...awesome stuff. If they took all the electronics off the bikes tomorrow Rossi would be nearly the only one who could handle it. Hayden would be the only other one IMO:thumbs up: But hey that's progress for you..!!

Hogman
16th July 2010, 12:20 PM
Aye its a shame that electronic gismos have to come into play, just make it true rider ability.

Rossi was complaining last year that the extra electronics make them much easier to ride hence relative new comers to the sport are able to compete so quickly.

It will be interesting to see Rossi on a Ducati, I personally dont think he will be all dominant then!

I have had money on Lorenzo to win the championship this year, the bet was made prior to the start of the season, I still reckon I am in for a win!

Hogman
16th July 2010, 04:34 PM
Rossi was 7th in QP1 today, Lorenzo was only just ahead so not a bad effort