PDA

View Full Version : Spraying chrome grill?

Fartin Martin
7th July 2010, 01:24 PM
Right folks..need some advice here.

I've got a cooper S Checkmate..and as much as I love it..I've not really done any mods to it to make it mine..and I feel I'm gettin a wee bit bored of the standard look..

so..I'm gonna get the Shelby stripes for the front and back..and I'm not a huge fan of the original decal and feel the back is abit bare looking..and I've got an idea for a cracking roof decal aswell!

I've got the full chrome grill and was wondering if I can spray the grill slats to match the body..or can I buy them for a good price and swap over cos I want the shelby to carry on down the grill too

Also..if anyone has any other ideas don't be shy to offer them

Thanks

GCA3N
7th July 2010, 01:53 PM
I've done a fair bit of spray painting on various bits and bobs on the car. Chrome is quite hard to do, and would be tricky if you wanted the stripes too. I would certainly have a go at it if you wanted, obviously you would supply the paint, primers etc. I recon I could do it for you for about 20-30 pounds. I live in Arran so you would either have to post them over or bring them over. Anyway let me know.

ianking
7th July 2010, 01:54 PM
Should the checkmate not have come with a colour coded front grill when new anyway? R53 Cooper Ss had the slats of the grills in body colour.

Mon the fish
7th July 2010, 01:56 PM
Possibly the chrome trim option pack was spec'd, this had a chrome rear boot handle as well. These were free on a Cooper, but cost you on an S. Only BMW/Mini could come up with such a wheeze...

Fartin Martin
8th July 2010, 06:06 PM
I've done a fair bit of spray painting on various bits and bobs on the car. Chrome is quite hard to do, and would be tricky if you wanted the stripes too. I would certainly have a go at it if you wanted, obviously you would supply the paint, primers etc. I recon I could do it for you for about 20-30 pounds. I live in Arran so you would either have to post them over or bring them over. Anyway let me know.

Thats kind of you mate! :D..gonna try find out if my mate has any kicking about his work and it could be a straight swap..if I can't get an easier option..I'll deffo give you a shout man!! :thumbs up:

GCA3N
8th July 2010, 07:44 PM
Thats kind of you mate! :D..gonna try find out if my mate has any kicking about his work and it could be a straight swap..if I can't get an easier option..I'll deffo give you a shout man!! :thumbs up:

No probs dude.