PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else playing this game on PS3?

zimbo
2nd July 2010, 10:48 AM
Red Dead Redemption, anyone else playing this? Its a western theme based game and its very VERY addictive. It's made by the same company that made the Grand Theft Auto series of games.

I love my western movies etc and always have and i was a bit dubious about playing a game with a western theme, but after playing it for a few days now it is SO hard to put the controller down and it is an amazing game, with free roaming around the wilderness on foot or on horseback etc and free to what you want when you want and loads of tasks and things to do too. It is also multiplayer too, but I am only about 20% through the 1st player so far so have not and am not going to try the online playing yet, but fingers crossed it is just as good as the 1st player.

If you've thought anout it and aren't too sure, just go for it it's awesome :thumbs up:

G17RDY
5th July 2010, 07:17 PM
I've just started playing it myself, only clocked up a few hours though, can't get near my xbox for my 5 year old, Scott playing Lego star wars!!!

Have to agree, great game so far, its just like grand theft auto on Horseback!!!!

Gismo
5th July 2010, 07:38 PM
Will look into this when i get home :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
5th July 2010, 08:03 PM
So as this is a western based game.... if we all gather round a fire and set up our tents and lead our horse to the river for a drink, you can't even accuse us of camping because it's all part of the game. :laugh:

Had a wee look at the trailer for it, not sure it's my cup of tea.:blush:

A.:D

zimbo
5th July 2010, 08:28 PM
Thats just it Andy, its one of those games that you are either going to love it or loath it... And like I've said already I love it, brilliant game, but then I love westerns etc :D

You should have a look and see if your local Blockbuster/video shop has a copy for renting out and rent it and see what you think before you buy a copy.

AndyP & Lenore
5th July 2010, 09:16 PM
Thats just it Andy, its one of those games that you are either going to love it or loath it... And like I've said already I love it, brilliant game, but then I love westerns etc :D

You should have a look and see if your local Blockbuster/video shop has a copy for renting out and rent it and see what you think before you buy a copy.

Aye, I suppose I could try that. Haven't been in a blockbuster video store for decades.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
5th July 2010, 09:17 PM
Is there a playable demmo downloadable from PSN?

A.

zimbo
5th July 2010, 10:32 PM
Is there a playable demmo downloadable from PSN?

A.

Errrmmmmmmmm I dont know..... :confused: sorry

Burple
6th July 2010, 09:26 AM
Aye, I suppose I could try that. Haven't been in a blockbuster video store for decades.

A.

How no? Downloading too many films??? ;);):smilewinkgrin::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::mo onie:

AndyP & Lenore
6th July 2010, 10:04 AM
How no? Downloading too many films??? ;);):smilewinkgrin::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::mo onie:
:moonie::hand::moonie::hand::moonie::hand::D:D

Ferengo
6th July 2010, 05:25 PM
There wasn;t one when I was looking. I got it. It's a good game but unless you're willing to put in hours I'd stay clear. It's very involved, huge and there's loads to do. Again great game though. Popped my copy up on eBay as I don't have the time to play it.

zimbo
7th July 2010, 09:49 AM
...Popped my copy up on eBay as I don't have the time to play it.

Well you have a good excuse tho Grant so we will let you off with it.

Besides it wont be your cup of tea much because they didnt have claymores in those days or grenade launchers etc... :laugh: