PDA

View Full Version : Brake fluid changes

Craig
1st July 2010, 02:11 PM
After finding out that my car had not had an oil service since dec 07 I decided to check the brake fluid service. Now I checked my car and it said I have over 300 days til the next brake fluid change, but on checking my service history book there is no stamp to show it's had a brake fluid change at all... I though they were supposed to be done every 2 years?? And the car is just over 4 years old now...

Anyone shed any light on this ??

Bazthemod
1st July 2010, 02:13 PM
My service light was for brake fluid change i found out today when booking in... due every 2 years.

Craig
1st July 2010, 02:16 PM
Ok so looks like eastern have either done it and not filled in the book, or just reset the counter. But it should be overdue now if it's every 2 years....?

stoney
1st July 2010, 02:21 PM
i tend to change the fluid when changing the pads

Craig
1st July 2010, 02:24 PM
Well phoned Eastern and it turns out they changed the brake fluid in Jul 09, which means it was 14 months late in being done. Pity they didn't replace the oil then and I could have saved a fortune in time and money !! :lol:

Craig
1st July 2010, 02:33 PM
So it just looks like they forgot to update the book.... Oh well another drive out to Edinburgh for me as I don't trust them not to loose my service book :rolleyes: :lol:

ianking
2nd July 2010, 08:08 AM
Perhaps the previous owner just forgot to leave the book in the car when it was in.

Craig
2nd July 2010, 08:15 AM
Yeah that could have happened Ian however not convinced .....