PDA

View Full Version : Need new exhaust;

liam.smart
30th June 2010, 12:42 PM
Hey all,

I have a diffecult choice to make at the moment. My exhaust is badly corroded so needs replaced (back section atleast). £260 for standard mini one or £383 for stainless steel scorpion cat-back system that will last me lifetime of the car I would have thought.

I ament exactly rolling in the dosh just now but the stock exhaust seems very high priced to me, and I asume the Scorpion system is a quality system so atleast i would be spending money on something worth it. MOT tomorrow so need to make a decision. Help me!!!:confused:

I'm 25 so I dont want a loud 'boy racer' exhaust, but I heard the scorpion system on YouTube and it doesn't sound cheesy at all.

GCA3N
30th June 2010, 12:45 PM
Playmini exhaust sounds very nice and not boy racer.

Big Gordy
30th June 2010, 12:52 PM
I've always found Scorpion exhausts to have a harsh note to them (IMO).....very boy racerish. Playmini on the other hand has a superb exhaust note:thumbs up: Subdued when bumbling about town but suitably fruity when giving it some beans on the open road:smilewinkgrin: Can you guess I have a Playmini:rolleyes:

lowrider
23rd August 2010, 10:40 PM
Playmini. Used prices are around £150. Have a look on the forums. I have a Playmini on my cooper and love it (I also have a Scorpion which I haven't tried yet as I love my Playmini !)

stoney
24th August 2010, 07:35 AM
play mini is defo the way to go or go for a custom on a cooper