PDA

View Full Version : Front grill mesh

ace_dude
29th June 2010, 09:34 PM
Hi all, looking for advice on painting the mesh grill just under the front number plate. I had it painted black about 2 years ago but it had faded to what it was like before and just looks rubbish. What would be your advice? Last time it cost me 50 quid for the guy to take the mesh out and paint it. Can I just paint it myself.....what kind of paint would I use?

cooperchris
29th June 2010, 09:37 PM
I just replaced mine with new black mesh, didn't want the hastle of taking it out again later down the line :thumbs up:

ace_dude
29th June 2010, 09:40 PM
I just replaced mine with new black mesh, didn't want the hastle of taking it out again later down the line :thumbs up:

Where did you purchase the mesh from and how did you do it mate?

cooperchris
29th June 2010, 09:47 PM
I just got aftermarket mesh from ebay.

If you got access to a ramp then take off the three bolts underneath, drop the engine cover an you can get to it that way :thumbs up:

Just had my car resprayed so had my bumpers off the car.
Made it alot easier :yes nod:

Livi
29th June 2010, 09:48 PM
never tried but some others might back up my advice, but would the aero (plastic) grille not fit in place rather than the metal? (i guess its metal?)

GCA3N
29th June 2010, 09:50 PM
I done this to my old coop, I done it myself.

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?16594-Greig-Allan-s-Silver-Cooper/page13

I used spray paint, 2 base or primer coats, 2 with the paint itself and lacquered it all in the end. I found it a pain in the back side to remove so tried it a few times by masking off, in the end bit the bullet and removed it and done myself. It's not to everyone's taste but I liked it at the time.:lol: