PDA

View Full Version : Strange Noise

Bazthemod
29th June 2010, 12:46 AM
Recently at higher speeds, say 50mph+, I get a strange whirring / winding down noise as soon as I come off the accelerator.

I can only explain it like the sound of a spinning top slowing down? It stops when i accelerate again and the noise doesn't seem to be affected by me braking.

Just wondering is anyone has had similar or knows any ideas?

Craig
29th June 2010, 07:58 AM
Where's the noise coming from? Engine? Wheels? Could be the turbo if engine or if coming from the wheels, might be the diff or wheel bearing.. It's not a fault I ever had with my R56's. :lol:

GCA3N
29th June 2010, 08:08 AM
It's not a fault I ever had with my R56's. :lol:

Wow :thud:

Crombers
29th June 2010, 08:58 AM
Recently at higher speeds, say 50mph+, I get a strange whirring / winding down noise as soon as I come off the accelerator.

I can only explain it like the sound of a spinning top slowing down? It stops when i accelerate again and the noise doesn't seem to be affected by me braking.

Just wondering is anyone has had similar or knows any ideas?

Loose cogs :yes nod:

In yer brain :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
29th June 2010, 10:10 AM
Just turn the stereo up.......it'll be fine :moonie::p

GCA3N
29th June 2010, 10:23 AM
hey baz you don't have one of those Scotland aerials do you? :lol:

If it wasn't for my exhaust I'd remove mine, how can an aerial make so much wind noise.

Bazthemod
29th June 2010, 07:15 PM
Where's the noise coming from? Engine? Wheels? Could be the turbo if engine or if coming from the wheels, might be the diff or wheel bearing.. It's not a fault I ever had with my R56's. :lol:

It's hard to work out Craig... i feel its wheels my first suspicion was wheel bearing

Flashed this morning that it now wants a service so maybe this is somehow linked. Will get it booked in

Cheers

Scottie
29th June 2010, 07:48 PM
fine on my clubman no wind noise at all:D but then I do have a deisel.:cool::smilewinkgrin:

hey baz you don't have one of those Scotland aerials do you? :lol:

If it wasn't for my exhaust I'd remove mine, how can an aerial make so much wind noise.

Bazthemod
6th July 2010, 04:44 PM
Well the issue was solved today.... Failed wheel bearing!

Also my exhaust was blowing and needed a bracket, oh and my JCW centre caps were replaced under warranty!

Happy Days - nice quiet car with awesome brakes after fluid change - wow!

Delboy
6th July 2010, 04:50 PM
Glad you got it sorted, along with the other items :thumbs up:.

GCA3N
6th July 2010, 05:37 PM
NIce one baz well done mate glad it's all sorted......for a while ;)

Gismo
6th July 2010, 09:25 PM
Hey Baz, gald it's fixed :thumbs up:

Craig
6th July 2010, 09:27 PM
Glad it's sorted Baz.... Cright again ... :lol: