PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Choices

cooperchris
28th June 2010, 08:09 PM
I am looking at another set of tyres for my other wheels and dont know what kind to go for.
So far i've looked at Hankook, Semperit, Falken and Toyo's. There all pretty much in the same price range

Im currently on falkens and there a pretty good tyre but just wanted your thoughts and experience on any of these tyres you have used.

Thanx guys

Chris :thumbs up:

Sheilz
28th June 2010, 08:22 PM
My first set of non-runflat are rainsport x. They are excellent and look good to boot.

Big Gordy
28th June 2010, 09:39 PM
Its Federal 595 I have on the 17's and find them pretty good allthough some think there not so good in the wet:p and Yokohama Paradas on the 18's which are awsome in the dry:yes nod: Haven't a clue what there like in the wet tho as they've never been on the car in the rain:rolleyes:

ianking
29th June 2010, 08:20 AM
I used to have the federal 595 and you couldnt pay me to have those tyres again. The road noise was even worse than the runflats. So much so that I thought the wheel bearings were away.

Im on Toyo Proxy now and no complaints.

The Dogfather
29th June 2010, 08:36 AM
Hankook Evo V12s came out as the best budget tyres in fact they out performed a number of premium brands. These will be my next tyres

Toyo Proxys came out bottom and from my direct experience I can see why, they are crap.

The Falken FK452 are good but very noisy again direct experience.

I can only endorse Sheilz comments about the Uniroyal Rainsport 2s, they are a fabulous tyre that out perform much more expensive rubber in the wet and they are still pretty damn good in the dry as well. Trouble is they are hard to get hold of....

Kren__
29th June 2010, 12:47 PM
You might want to check out the latest EVO. There's a tyre test in this months issue...

cooperchris
29th June 2010, 04:49 PM
Cheers for all the help so far folks :thumbs up:

You might want to check out the latest EVO. There's a tyre test in this months issue...

I might just do that thanx :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
29th June 2010, 08:30 PM

I've got it so I'll go and check to see if its any good and let you know :thumbs up:

cooperchris
29th June 2010, 08:36 PM
I've got it so I'll go and check to see if its any good and let you know :thumbs up:

thanx :thumbs up:

The Dogfather
29th June 2010, 09:34 PM
You can find the some of the results here - Evo Test here (http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2010-EVO-Tyre-Test.htm) on Tyre Reviews.

They say that its an odd selection of tyres and the car they used was an MX5 which behaves rather differently compared to a MINI however the tyre size is the same on both cars.

The Dogfather
29th June 2010, 09:38 PM
This is the only tyre test I've seen that directly compares the Uniroyal, Hankook and Toyo tyres, unfortunately the Flakens aren't tested

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2009-Auto-Zeitung-Summer-Tyre-Test.htm