PDA

View Full Version : European Grand Prix

Delboy
27th June 2010, 02:37 PM
Just watching the end of the European Grand Prix at Valencia. Pretty good race at times but it got a processional towards the end. What a crash for Webber though :eek: - amazing he just jumped out of the car after that.

Looks like Hamilton and Button will maintain 1st and 2nd place in the driver's championship. Roll on the British Grand Prix :thumbs up:.

zimbo
27th June 2010, 04:53 PM
Yup another great race today.

I TOTALLY AGREE with Eddie Jordan that Kovalainen had every right to be where he was, fighting for position on track, unlike everyone else who seem to think that the smaller teams should always get out of the way for the faster teams even if they are racing for position, which is wrong. the faster guys if fighting for position behind one of the newer and slower teams should try and take their overtaking opportunity when its safe to try and do so, which in my opinion Webber did not and thats what you get for driving too close to the guy in front who Webber should also have realised that 1. they have a power dissadvantage and 2. they will most likely have a brake dissadvantage as well so will obviously need to brake a lot earlier than he would... :rolleyes: just glad that no one was injured in that crash.

Alonso realy likes to :babypram: (spit the dummy out) doesn't he. He is one GRUMPY GIT, Hamilton made a mistake and has been penalised for it and served his punishment so GET OVER IT!!! sheeeeesh :laugh: Alonso and Ferrari as a whole are doing sh!te so any excuse for moaning and a chance to blame somebody else seems to be their goal at the moment...

Vettel did awesome again and I also think Kobayashi did amazing as well and he was keeping up pace with the other guys too :clap:

I cant wait for Silverstone, just wish i was able to go the race its self. :frown:

Delboy
27th June 2010, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I agree Zimbo, the smaller teams should be allowed to race for position - it's up to the faster car to pass them.

As for Alonso, he is a big wean! I was so pleased when he was passed by Kobayashi near the end!

Can't wait for Silverstone. Did I mention I was going :Whistle:

GCA3N
27th June 2010, 05:03 PM
Can't wait for Silverstone. Did I mention I was going :Whistle:

You going to silverston del?

Delboy
27th June 2010, 05:05 PM
You going to silverston del?

Yup! There for Saturday and Sunday - can't wait. Valerie and I are going down on Friday, then back up Sunday night after the race.

The Dogfather
27th June 2010, 05:28 PM
I thought it was very funny when the Sauber went past Alonso, he's a good driver but he needs to concentrate on his own race not other drivers....

zimbo
28th June 2010, 09:52 AM
As for Alonso, he is a big wean! I was so pleased when he was passed by Kobayashi near the end!

Yup me too, in fact I resembled this smiley :laugh: :thumbs up:

Delboy
28th June 2010, 09:58 AM
Unfortunately, Kobayashi got a 5-second penalty (along with another 8 drivers) for going too fast under the safety car so Alonso ended up in front of him (and Buemi) again in the final standings - boo!

euan
28th June 2010, 10:24 AM
Unfortunately, Kobayashi got a 5-second penalty (along with another 8 drivers) for going too fast under the safety car so Alonso ended up in front of him (and Buemi) again in the final standings - boo!

Not according to the BBC website he's not - Kobayashi wasn't one of those under investigation soi I'd be surprised if he did get a penalty as he hadn't stopped for tyres.

Alonso really is a whinger, he's showing himself and Ferrari in the worst light at the moment. He knows that McLaren will undoubtably be flying at Silverstone if the blown diffuser works well, and that his so called "dream year" in the Ferrari is turning into a nightmare, and Kubica is showing what Renault could actually do with a decent development programme behind them again!

Delboy
28th June 2010, 10:57 AM
Not according to the BBC website he's not - Kobayashi wasn't one of those under investigation soi I'd be surprised if he did get a penalty as he hadn't stopped for tyres.

Sorry, my mistake - I should read the BBC reports more carefully rather than skimming through them quickly :blush: :rolleyes:. Anyway, I'm glad Kobayashi kept his position in front of Alonso :thumbs up:.

Big Gordy
28th June 2010, 11:32 AM
Early on in my bike racing career(:rolleyes:) a wise older rider told me to stop looking behind so much as it was the faster guys problem in getting past me not mine to let him past:popcorn: maybe he should have spoken to Webber at the same time:moonie:

N16SHP
28th June 2010, 12:26 PM
The only driver to lose out was DeLarosa who dropped from 8th to 9th I think!

The Dogfather
28th June 2010, 12:41 PM
It was Buemi not DeLarossa

zimbo
28th June 2010, 12:53 PM
Early on in my bike racing career(:rolleyes:) a wise older rider told me to stop looking behind so much as it was the faster guys problem in getting past me not mine to let him past:popcorn: maybe he should have spoken to Webber at the same time:moonie:

Yup and I still remember to this day, when I went on my 1st ever bike track day at Knockhill a long long time ago we were all told to either tape up or remove our mirrors because you do not need to use them because you just have to ride the path/direction you choose and it is up to the rider coming up behind you to get passed you if and when its possible to do so and not up to you to get out of his way unless its obviously a blue flag you've been given.

euan
28th June 2010, 02:06 PM
Webber's accident is nasty. I think it's very 50 - 50, he was going too quick, didn't anticipate the braking point for the Lotus, but equally the Lotus was right in the middle of the track when he braked.

Webber has flipped before - no footage of it happening but the aftermath is on YouTube, happened at Le Mans in 99 when he was driving a Merc (the same day that Peter Dumbreck launched his merc into the tress on the same straight).

The Dogfather
28th June 2010, 02:16 PM
Webber's accident is nasty. I think it's very 50 - 50, he was going too quick, didn't anticipate the braking point for the Lotus, but equally the Lotus was right in the middle of the track when he braked.

The lotus can be anywhere it wants when it brakes, it's up to the car behind to avoid it. The cars were racing for position, some people have suggested that HK should have just let him past but every car has a right and duty to race for every position.

Weber was totally at fault IMO

coopert21ceb
28th June 2010, 03:20 PM
Why was Heikki defending for a position he clearly was not going to keep. He braked way too early for the corner and Webber should have noticed but was taken by surprise. Both drivers at fault there. HK for not pulling over, and Webber for not moving round him. Lucky guy though!

Delboy
28th June 2010, 03:51 PM
The lotus can be anywhere it wants when it brakes, it's up to the car behind to avoid it. The cars were racing for position, some people have suggested that HK should have just let him past but every car has a right and duty to race for every position.

Weber was totally at fault IMO

Why was Heikki defending for a position he clearly was not going to keep. He braked way too early for the corner and Webber should have noticed but was taken by surprise. Both drivers at fault there. HK for not pulling over, and Webber for not moving round him. Lucky guy though!

I think if there were two insurance companies trying to settle this accident they'd probably go "knock for knock".
:lol:

The Dogfather
28th June 2010, 04:24 PM

HK was in a slower car and probably braked at the right moment for his car, Weber probably didn't factor this in as he was trying to get a tow and left it till he needed to brake hence the crash.

Its highly likely that HK could have held the Red Bull at bay for quite a few corners thus securing some valuable TV time for his sponsors.