PDA

View Full Version : MINI pickup, yes or no?

zimbo
24th June 2010, 09:13 AM
After the photos of Ewans old classic pickup that Greig posted yesterday after spotting parked up somewhere. It got me thinking....

...I wonder how many people would be tempted to get a modern (BMW) MINI pickup if they made one?

I know if they made one I would definately be tempted to get one and the same goes for them making a van too, that would be awesome :yes nod:

Craig
24th June 2010, 09:18 AM
Yeah pickup would be on my list ;)

baptie
24th June 2010, 10:05 AM
http://www.newminiday.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2010NEWMINIDAYgppickup.jpg

AndyP & Lenore
24th June 2010, 10:18 AM
It would be nice to see one in the line-up but not sure we'd go for one.

A. :D

KenL
24th June 2010, 10:23 AM
Can't see the point myself.

gauldrymini
24th June 2010, 11:04 AM
A MINI pick up or van ... a HUGE YES from me ... love 'em...:thumbs up:

ianking
24th June 2010, 11:18 AM
If a van came out then I would defo have one. So would my old boy.

AeroJonny
24th June 2010, 01:37 PM
not a chance, If i want a pick up I'll go to the good folks at mitsubishi or nissan who make pick ups you could actually fit a load in!

Fartin Martin
24th June 2010, 01:52 PM
ha ha lol..a MINI pick-up..what next..a MINI Herse?? can you imagine!!

AeroJonny
24th June 2010, 02:14 PM
good grief, there are nutters out there who'd buy it!

Duncan Stewart
25th June 2010, 08:46 PM
Dunno about a pick up, looked at a classic mini pick up once but couldn't fit in it :blush:, like the idea of a van :yes nod:

ELFMAN
28th June 2010, 01:44 PM
MINI Pickup might be quite cool, depending on the treatment, but would surely have a limited uptake in view of the Clubby and the new Countryman which are more practical propositons. Also Re. the GP Pickup which appeared in the mags recently IMHO was proportionally disastrous - it just looked WRONG - not to mention the waste of a GP, but that's another argument which has been covered on NMS before. Plus, if you left it alone for a while, it's grow huge wheels, roof lights and a Gun Rack. Come to think of it, that might be quite handy....

A VAN might be interesting too, I've always loved the Classic van (want one in Pepper White, Black roof, nice wee 1293, 13" Minilites with appropriate arches, Discs, sorted suspension etc... practical and great FUN - your new project Ian????? I used to drive my Mum's Clubbie Estate which handled really well and would have made a great base for a tuned beast if I'd had any money at the time - students in my day were skint....). However, the thought of a 'Utilitarian NEW MINI' is a bit too contradictory for me. The Classic Van was an affordable wee tool for genuine work (and play) - related use, but the Gen 2 MINI is so far removed from that, in cost if nothing else, that it'd always be the Middle-Class stage school Pop-kid putting on a 'Mockney' accent and pretending to be something it wasn't.

However, I have decided to have an open mind to all things MINI these days - there's even a part of me that doesn't actually hate the Countryman any more, but don't tell Fiona, or I'll never hear the end of it!