PDA

View Full Version : Mequires polish.

E1ONN
23rd June 2010, 10:03 PM
hi all. i bought the mequires polish at the weekend i washed and dried my car then i used the polish it looked great when it was all polished, i buffed the car down with a proper polishing cloth but iv noticed that all of the dust is sticking to the car. the dust or grime has never stuck to my car before after i had polished it. What do you think will be causing this?

cheers.

Craig
23rd June 2010, 10:10 PM
It's just static... Use a feather duster or antistatic duster. Otherwise, just wash the car to get rid of the polish dust ;)

Stewart
23rd June 2010, 10:23 PM
Get some Meg 16 wax in and it will keep looking good for longer. I always either glaze and then wax the car or just seal after polish for winter.

Don’t know about the dust, I had to give up giving the car a second coat of wax on Saturday because for the first time after a wash there was layer of dust on the roof within minutes and after another rinse it was back on within five minute. So played safe and gave the wax a miss.

Could just have been on of those days were its in the air.

E1ONN
24th June 2010, 10:06 PM
cheers guys. i got the mequires polish but it was in 3 stages, like preparing the paint for polish then preparing the paint for wax is it best to get all 3 stages of the products or just use the polish?