PDA

View Full Version : My Good Luck Continues

Craig
23rd June 2010, 03:45 PM
Well as most of you know I missed the run at the weekend due to my car developing an engine rattle on thurs last week. I booked it into jc's yesterday and was told initially that it wasn't the timing chain tensioner but sounded like something deeper in the engine. I was told they could only take the rocker cover off when the car was cold so agreed to leave the car with them.

David kindly dropped me at the train station so I could get home .... ;)

I got a call later to say that they had dropped the oil out of the car and it was like water.... They replaced the oil and filter and the noise they say has gone now...

I spoke with them today and they advised that the car was ready to pick up and the bill was £195 :thud: this is because this is not covered by the warranty and because the car had not had an oil change since Dec2007. I phoned Eastern to query this and they said as I got the car in July 09 and the oil change was due in Dec 09 then it's down to me... :frown: this still doesn't answer why the oil is like water or why it is using oil..

So off shortly for the 100 mile round trip to pick up my car and pay my bil :argh: :ragin:

Craig
23rd June 2010, 03:47 PM
Oh and a thing I did forget was at no point did jc's ever phone me to authorise the work so not happy about that ... :frown:

GCA3N
23rd June 2010, 03:53 PM
Oh and a thing I did forget was at no point did jc's ever phone me to authorise the work so not happy about that ... :frown:

Be honest Craig if u said what u said and they have done the work without authorisation then u have the right to say your not paying mate. There's no way if you made it clear what they could and could not do you should be paying mate, I know I wouldn't.

euan
23rd June 2010, 04:12 PM
Equally, if they had rung you would you have told them not to bother doing it?

Livi
23rd June 2010, 04:55 PM
And because of another department it reflects on myself :frown:

Craig
23rd June 2010, 05:12 PM
Equally, if they had rung you would you have told them not to bother doing it?

If your asking would I have said no to changing the oil and filter for £195 then that would be a no.... I did ask them to investigate the noise tho ....

Craig
23rd June 2010, 05:13 PM

As always David you have been nothing but helpful ;)

euan
23rd June 2010, 05:39 PM
If your asking would I have said no to changing the oil and filter for £195 then that would be a no.... I did ask them to investigate the noise tho ....

Fairy Muff then, grounds for a call to be made!

Stewart
23rd June 2010, 05:56 PM
Sorry to read you’re out of pocket. But in a day when everyone has Mobiles I don’t know why dealerships can’t phone. Best one I had was my Honda went in for its first service and was told its just a standard service and quoted a price only to return and find the bill was near £350 because they decided it required more work done due to the age of the car rather than the mileage. They did phone telling me my front nearside was just above the tread limit and talking to the guy asked if they could just swap it when they had the wheel off with the spare thinking it was done more to be helpful but no £40 added to change wheel.
So from then on it went to my local mechanic who looked after the car flawless for near eight years.

Scottie
23rd June 2010, 05:59 PM
mind about my grille......... sorry about the car, the thing is was the correct grade of oil put in the car in the first place on the last oil change could be the reason that the oil was thin.

Livi
23rd June 2010, 06:46 PM
Fi,

I put the grille in the back of Craigs car to save postage, and I have an arrangement with Allan before you buy ;)

Craig, as said, it doesn't take more than a couple of mins to phone and ask.

Burple
24th June 2010, 02:07 PM

Nah no chance mate! :thumbs up:
I think everybody on here who's dealt with you knows you've always been spot on with your service :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

N16SHP
24th June 2010, 02:35 PM
Craig, when I had the desel rattle in my car, when I first took it to JC's they said that it had lost about 1/2 of the oil it should have, so I said well you sold me the car only 6 months ago so whats the reason...and they couldn't give me one. Eventually obviously we got it sussed!

David, I don't think anyone on here has a bad word to say about your service...its excellent!

Livi
24th June 2010, 04:54 PM
Craig, when I had the desel rattle in my car, when I first took it to JC's they said that it had lost about 1/2 of the oil it should have, so I said well you sold me the car only 6 months ago so whats the reason...and they couldn't give me one. Eventually obviously we got it sussed!

David, I don't think anyone on here has a bad word to say about your service...its excellent!

I think everybody on here who's dealt with you knows you've always been spot on with your service :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Thanks guys, i like to keep my service spot on, so i dont want anyone buggering it up! - If its my fault, i like to sort it, but i do feel for Craig.

Doug_m
24th June 2010, 05:10 PM

Hmm dunno...
Been dodgey as hell with me!

Jokin, been more than spot on! Keep it up.