PDA

View Full Version : Overspray on windows

Ally S
22nd June 2010, 01:09 PM
I've noticed that there's a bit of light overspray on my front window but no ideas on what best to use to get rid of it.

Any ideas anyone?

GCA3N
22nd June 2010, 02:00 PM
I've noticed that there's a bit of light overspray on my front window but no ideas on what best to use to get rid of it.

Any ideas anyone?

I would take a guess at some kind of paint stripper/ turps etc then clean using glass cleaner afterwards.

ianking
22nd June 2010, 02:14 PM
Use a bit paint thinners on a cloth then just wash the windows after.

Big Gordy
22nd June 2010, 02:16 PM
You don't need anything other than a new stanley blade:thumbs up:
Angle it at about 45 degree's to the glass and it will come off nae bother at all:yes nod:
Only needs light pressure and it leaves no marks whatsoever.....works a treat:cool:

ianking
22nd June 2010, 02:48 PM
But he is more likely to have paint thinners/petrol/turps luying about than a flat bladed razor plade with the appropriate holder.

I use the blades to remove old dealer stickers but in my experience its still quicker and safer to use a chemical to remove light overspray.

Big Gordy
22nd June 2010, 09:17 PM
appropriate holder

I just use my fingers to hold it:p its not as if you're touching the blade:rolleyes:

Ally S
22nd June 2010, 10:23 PM
I think i'll give the turps a go, its quite a large area so will be easier than a flat blade

Cheers for the replies

Big Gordy
22nd June 2010, 11:06 PM
I think i'll give the turps a go, its quite a large area so will be easier than a flat blade

Cheers for the replies

:moonie: suit yourself :smilewinkgrin:

Doug_m
25th June 2010, 05:43 PM
Try a clay bar? Should do the job
My mate did it on his old car