PDA

View Full Version : Forum link from home page incorrect?

Delboy
22nd June 2010, 08:35 AM
Alan,

I normally start up the NMS Home Page then click on the "Forums" link but it now seems to take me to a Tayside Bikers page :sheep:. I guess this is wrong :hand:?

Del

GCA3N
22nd June 2010, 08:47 AM
Alan,

I normally start up the NMS Home Page then click on the "Forums" link but it now seems to take me to a Tayside Bikers page :sheep:. I guess this is wrong :hand:?

Del

I got this too del having to surf using iPhone this morning.

ELFMAN
22nd June 2010, 09:07 AM
Come on, we've got more wheels than them, surely they can't pinch our Forum link!!???????

Delboy
22nd June 2010, 09:11 AM
I got this too del having to surf using iPhone this morning.

You can actually click on another link, e.g. Events, then use one of the hyper links from that page to get into the Forum.

stoney
22nd June 2010, 09:19 AM
as del said i did the same

Stewart
22nd June 2010, 09:32 AM
lol same here.

But in trying to find a link in through google I did find this

http://www.minialpeadria.com/about/

Now thats a run and a half.......................They even had that new Mini 4X4

Big Gordy
22nd June 2010, 10:03 AM
The wee man will still be asleep the noo:p I guess he'll fix it when he wakes up:thumbs up: Wonder if the Tay bikers are being sent to the mini forum:popcorn:

N16SHP
22nd June 2010, 12:02 PM
Yeah, just txt you about this Greig, then realised I could get on another way lol!

AndyP & Lenore
22nd June 2010, 12:09 PM
Wonder if the Tay bikers are being sent to the mini forum:popcorn:

Nope. Just checked, they get their own forums when they click the link.:thumbs up:

A.:D

Gismo
22nd June 2010, 02:23 PM
So far can't understand what is wrong :ragin:
All the links are correct and the correct files are in the server correctly

Gismo
22nd June 2010, 02:42 PM
Ok, i think it's fixed, please check it, remember to refresh your browser window

Delboy
22nd June 2010, 03:00 PM
Thanks Alan, all fine now :thumbs up:.

Gismo
22nd June 2010, 03:08 PM
Thanks Alan, all fine now :thumbs up:.Whew

Stewart
22nd June 2010, 04:41 PM
This is even better on My phone that had the link to NMS it gives me a picture of a Pirate ship? the address is right but it fires up this download content and its the picture of the ship.......Although it will be a feck up on my side:argh::argh:

Gismo
22nd June 2010, 04:57 PM
This is even better on My phone that had the link to NMS it gives me a picture of a Pirate ship? the address is right but it fires up this download content and its the picture of the ship.......Although it will be a feck up on my side:argh::argh:Not a clue what your talking about :blush:

zimbo
22nd June 2010, 08:26 PM
Well when I just came on 30mins ago I got the bike site page then went through another way and got the "your a visitor please sign up page" as I have been getting for AAAAAAAGGGEEEESSS now :idunno:

Big Gordy
22nd June 2010, 09:12 PM
See Ali......it knows you've sold your mini:moonie::p

Gismo
22nd June 2010, 09:20 PM
Well when I just came on 30mins ago I got the bike site page then went through another way and got the "your a visitor please sign up page" as I have been getting for AAAAAAAGGGEEEESSS now :idunno:First you've mentioned, but, the link is fixed.
Your other problem may be browser related, what browser are you using?

audrey
22nd June 2010, 10:50 PM
Took me ages to get logged in too also took me to the bikers site

ELFMAN
23rd June 2010, 08:22 AM
Sorry Alan, I'm getting those ******* Bikers again when I input 'www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums'......Can still get in via the 'side door' (Homepage - events etc), but not directly.
I'm on 'Safari'/Mac OS10. All other sites/systems etc seem to be working OK. Is there something I should be re-setting?

Delboy
23rd June 2010, 08:36 AM
Sorry Alan, I'm getting those ******* Bikers again when I input 'www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums'......Can still get in via the 'side door' (Homepage - events etc), but not directly.
I'm on 'Safari'/Mac OS10. All other sites/systems etc seem to be working OK. Is there something I should be re-setting?

Elfman, the Forum link from the NMS Home Page is working fine now so perhaps you need to refresh your browser and delete the temporary internet files. It could be that your browser is using a stored page rather than the updated "live" one.

zimbo
23rd June 2010, 09:10 AM
See Ali......it knows you've sold your mini:moonie::p

:p

First you've mentioned, but, the link is fixed.
Your other problem may be browser related, what browser are you using?

I use Mozilla Firefox Alan because I think its much better than Internet Explorer.

**oh and I'm still having to come in through the side door...**

GCA3N
23rd June 2010, 09:13 AM
if you google newminiscotland and click on the forum link it still does not work, but if you go to the home page and them click forums seems to be ok.

Crombers
23rd June 2010, 11:49 AM
Acht , I was enjoying the Bikers web link, .................. loads better than that pi$hy NMS :rolleyes:

Gismo
23rd June 2010, 02:39 PM
Euan, it's working, but, since we went to vBulletin 4 this is the correct url to use:-
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/forum.php

I can only suggest that you clear the browser cache, delete all cookies and refresh the main page, maybe your Mac is remembering the old links somehow

Gismo
23rd June 2010, 02:43 PM
if you google newminiscotland and click on the forum link it still does not work, but if you go to the home page and them click forums seems to be ok.Now that is weird, it actually lists Tayside Bikers but shows the NMS site and goes to the Tayside Bikers site.
This is not under my control, hmm

Gismo
23rd June 2010, 03:56 PM
Ok, now, a rogue index.html file landed up in the NMS forums folder and this had been indexed by the google crawler bots, so, i've removed it and all seems fine..................again, Elfman, you had the worst problems, so, can you check again and report back