PDA

View Full Version : Arbroath Smokies Slide Show

3GGG
4th July 2004, 05:27 AM
Arbroath Smokies Slides - warning 5MB file! (http://homepage.mac.com/braeside/Arbroath%20Smokies.mov)

Those with broadband might enjoy this.

Fantastic day - well done Shoppie:):cool:

Edit: New URL posted 25 Jul 04

monkimagic
4th July 2004, 06:24 AM
Loving it 3GGG, a very nice job done there, well done;);)

Heather
4th July 2004, 07:34 AM
fab phots david. The tribal one looks good despite ploughing throw on the way there. Red arrows shots were fab. Mine did not come out.:D Great to see everyone one... see you all soon:D

GAJ
4th July 2004, 05:20 PM
Excellent work David! Really enjoyed seeing the Red Arrows photos. I had to leave before then.

3GGG
4th July 2004, 08:43 PM
Wondered where you went to GAJ, we were looking for you around lunch time, we walked up to the very top the the High Street looking for the recommended eating establishments, only to find that they were back down the way beside the sea, should have guessed! - Anyway it did allow us to see the Abbey. Sorry you missed the Red Arrows display, they were excellent, not as noisy as the Tornado though!

Smurf
4th July 2004, 09:45 PM
That's a great wee slide show - fab piccies.
I've still to see if mine have turned out!!

Monsta Mo Mini
4th July 2004, 10:07 PM
Good work David - if only everyone had access to iPhoto!

3GGG
5th July 2004, 01:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

Good work David - if only everyone had access to iPhoto!

Thanks Calum, yes iPhoto is a great application, I now use it to view, edit and catalog all my digital photos.

Folks, just in case you were worrying, you don't need iPhoto to view the Arbroath Smokies slideshow though - it is a Quicktime Movie so Windows with QT can play it fine.:approve:

Willie M
5th July 2004, 08:49 PM
Fantastic wee slideshow David, and a nice choice of music too :cool:

3GGG
5th July 2004, 10:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Fantastic wee slideshow David, and a nice choice of music too :cool:

Glad you enjoyed it.

Folks who don't have broadband can now get a look at the photos at this site (http://homepage.mac.com/braeside)8)

Burple
5th July 2004, 10:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

Arbroath Smokies Slides - warning 5MB file! (http://www.gm4jjj.co.uk/NMS/Arbroath%20Smokies.mov)
Those with broadband might enjoy this.
Fantastic day - well done Shoppie:):cool:

Whoooooosh!!!

That's what the 1 Gig cnnection at work is *REALLY* for!!!!!!
Downlaoded in about 5 secs!;):D;):D

DNV122
6th July 2004, 05:26 AM
Superb shots - glad to see there was some blue sky for a backdrop

How did RUss cope with the wet when doing his demo ?

3GGG
6th July 2004, 05:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by DNV122

Superb shots - glad to see there was some blue sky for a backdrop

How did RUss cope with the wet when doing his demo ?

The first show by Russ was in the dry (at the start) and resulted in lots of tyre smoke and I got nearly blinded by bits of rubber in the eye. :blackeye:
Then the heavens opened and he called a halt before the 2 wheel trick, more for the sake of the spectators than for himself probably. It must have been tricky for him with the conditions changing so quickly.

The afternoon show had a wet surface and was quite different, just a bit of steam off the tyres this time. Gave us all a few anxious moments as he locked up all wheels while heading straight for the barrier at the end, but he had it all under control...

What really amazed and impressed me was the way he came in at the start and without as much as a trial wheel spin, went straight into his routine with the high speed reverse J turn between the parked MINIs :eek:

X30YES
7th July 2004, 01:57 AM
WOW !! just watched the slide show ...fantastic/superb/brill to name but a few ....very well done .now if only I could do that with my pictures on webshots ....Iphoto ?
Angus

Monsta Mo Mini
7th July 2004, 03:38 AM
Better buy yourself an Apple Mac Angus ;)

X30YES
7th July 2004, 03:58 AM
Should that not be CalMac !!,or is that a shipping company ...oh well
I knew it would be costly ...most good things are !!!.

A

3GGG
7th July 2004, 05:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Should that not be CalMac !!,or is that a shipping company ...oh well
I knew it would be costly ...most good things are !!!.

A

Yes Angus, the iLife suite of programs that comes (free) with a new Mac is excellent.

You probably know iTunes the music jukebox software which is also available for Windows and the iPod, then there is iPhoto which handles still photos, makes and plays slideshows (complete with tracks from your iTunes) and can also produce very quick webpages on your .Mac webpages, all superbly integrated.
If you have a digital camcorder there is iMovie and iDVD and finally for musicians there is GarageBand - a complete recording studio.
But as people keep telling me, the reason they didn't buy a Mac was because they heard there is no software available for the Mac.
;)

Smurf
7th July 2004, 05:57 AM
I can vouch for iMac's being brilliant!!
I can also say that iMovie and iDVD are fantastic (all our holiday movies are now on DVD's, professionally done with menus and music and everything!)
And once I get a digital camera, the photos will go the same way!

(Still takes me HOURS though, does it get quicker with practice? :) )

3GGG
7th July 2004, 06:15 AM
Well I find iPhoto very quick to use, to produce that slideshow I only had to plug my camera in and it automatically imported the photos into iPhoto, I then cropped and enhanced where needed, I selected the shots I wanted, and chose a backing track for the slideshow and that was it. Like anything you can spend hours tweaking everything to your hearts desire if you want.
As you have probably found, editing a movie although easy enough in a program like iMovie, does take time and makes you appreciate just how much work goes into TV news reports etc. I guess if you did this everyday for a living it would become second nature.
As regards music making, well I have no musical talent at all, can't play an instrument, yet managed somehow to get something that slightly resembled a tune out of GarageBand at my first attempt - unfortunately in my case practise had not made perfect and I have not progressed at all.

Bazthemod
7th July 2004, 08:00 AM
iHate them! :D:p

Willie M
7th July 2004, 04:07 PM
iAgree ;):D

Monsta Mo Mini
7th July 2004, 04:58 PM
Right you two!!!....over to OT&B for a fight!;):D

GAJ
7th July 2004, 06:03 PM
Hud ma jaicket!

Bazthemod
7th July 2004, 08:14 PM
Ha Ha ya dobbers you will have to chase me over to Off Topic n Banter for this one! :evil:

Come and have a go if u think ure hard enough!!! :mad:

R7 ETH
7th July 2004, 08:17 PM
Just watched it, very good much better than any of the pics i took !!!

3GGG
7th July 2004, 09:45 PM
Good - that's got rid of them;):evil:

Monsta Mo Mini
7th July 2004, 09:52 PM
Now Now ...little un....do you know who yer dealing with here???

I have the power....

.....to alter your replies.;)

Maxxed Ross
8th July 2004, 12:17 AM
So where did you guys end up eating? I went to the cafe with my dad (Big Gordy) and it was great! Best filled roll I've had in ages. But we did the 'wrong end of the highstreet' thing too. Only found it after asking in Haddows :I

3GGG
8th July 2004, 12:28 AM
We ate in the Old BrewHouse, excellent Arbroath Smokies - met up with John & Mary from the West (sorry don't know your NMS name) and also John (zooooom) arrived just as we were leaving, but had a quick chat with him about the Cullen run.