PDA

View Full Version : Arbroath Assessment

Big Col
4th July 2004, 02:57 AM
Fantastic day. The comments have to be as follows:

1)HUGE thanks go to Shoppie from me and my big (wee) bro. Sorry for having to leave early and cause you hassle. Your patience and assistance were greatly appreciated. Thanks also for organising the day for us. You also win quote of the day for "We'll be leaving when the polis get here" in a true Italian Job Stylee. :D

2)Most painful sight of the day was the mess neddy little b@satards made to KJ's motor. If you need an extra set of steel toecaps in the vigilante squad to hunt them down I'm there dude! :mad:

3)The biggest "on the bright side" moment also goes to KJ for having the sexiest wheels there. Niiiiiiiiiiice! :D:cool:

4)The best recovery of the day goes to Fossy Jnr. Clowns to the left of 'im, jokers to the right and he goes "Fek it! I'm going this way!" goes straight on and all follow! Quality!

5)Sexiest thing of the day, in my humble opinion, goes to the heart breakingly sexy Kirsty...

mobile!! I REALLLLLLY want your car! Yellow & Black 'S! <drools> ;)

6)Most courtieous person of the day also goes to Kirsty who helped many of us out by stopping and waving us on when the wandering MINI's were trying our best to get back on track.

7)Most in need of Wul's services on the day was tha big pimpin WillieM for that SHOCKING wax job! ;)

8)Best driving moment of the day goes to Tribal for not 1 but 2 instances. 1: The sudden swing onto the hard shoulder to close her boot after some VERY dodgy advice on how her key works (Wimen...sheesh;)) 2: The Schumacher esque way she was behind me on the left on the roundabout but once I went to move back into convoy in front of her she was already a lil speck in the distance in front of me! Barrichelo out Tribal in in my opinion! :cool::D;)

9)Finally the most schizophrenic moment of the day goes to ickle lnl. "Fossy Jnr turn that music off it's terrible!!" as he gets his ickle groove on none the less. :cool:

Quality day folks. Wish I coulda stayed longer and talked to more of you. Was excellent putting faces to names. Roll on the next 'un.
:cool::D:approve:

Monsta Mo Mini
4th July 2004, 03:28 AM
MASSIVE RESPECT TO SHOPPIE

Honestly, I can't say it enough! The mnd boggles how much organising that must have taken. A great day out for all the NMS family (despite the best efforts of the weather).

Apologies to all those towards the rear of the convoy through Arbroath who were stupid enough to follow me....

Was great seeing so many new faces and some more familiar ugly ones;)

For lnl - I'll ask my brother what type of induction kit the guy in the Tornado has fitted...yours is just not LOUD ENOUGH!

...biggest disappointment for me though....I didn't get to meet Big Col:clown:

Julz
4th July 2004, 03:56 AM
:(I still wish I could've gone, but hey, the kitchen sink and shower are fitted and the flooring is down in the upstairs loo!!:clown:

monkimagic
4th July 2004, 04:44 AM
Yeah, I would like to echo what you guys have been saying to Shoppie, a lot of time and effort went into that meet. cracking stuff sir !!!!:cool:

Everyone I met today was very friendly and welcoming and I would like to thank them too. It was good to put a face to those usernames ;)

Looking forward to the next time, Cullen maybe, we'll see.

Great bunch of people all round :D:D:D:D:D

Monki

Kirsty
4th July 2004, 05:10 AM
Yep Definately have to agree that Shoopie has done an amazing job of organising such an event and that it was a great day apart from parts where the weather was....we won't go there!!! HEE HEE!!!! Brilliant to catch up with everyone again and REALLY looking forward to the Cullen run!!!! Totally agree about KJ's car I'll be there with my steelies on too!!!! Happy birthday to the yung un!! Hope you have a ball tonight!!!! Col...what can I say FANK YOU!!! I might let you have a wee shot sometime if you pwomise not to get too close to any green astras!! HEE HEE!!!!
Glad things are looking up on the house front Julz!!! When is the housewarming then???

monkimagic
4th July 2004, 05:48 AM
What happened to KJS' MINI ?

monkimagic
4th July 2004, 05:48 AM
What happened to KJs' car ?

3GGG
4th July 2004, 06:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic

What happened to KJs' car ?

Some little NED keyed the bonnet and some other panels, not at the show today tho'. I felt really sad to see it. :( Such a great looking MINI.:cool:

monkimagic
4th July 2004, 06:26 AM
Sorry to hear that KJ, I have had mined keyed aswell and it aint good, but ****em !!!! and yours is such a nice motor.

Monki

GAJ
4th July 2004, 05:23 PM
What they all say. Well done Shoppie!

Gismo
4th July 2004, 05:53 PM
It's very easy for us to show up on the day, i can't even begin to think of how much organising goes into putting on a day like that, just fantastic.
For Shoppie i'll bet there is still loads of work to do.

I can only add my comments to what everyone has said, shame about the weather but we made the most of it

Great day, same again next year ;)

Smurf
4th July 2004, 05:54 PM
Smurf 'n Vaila 'n Archie also echo all those comments. Shoppie - what a fantastic day. Even down to arranging torrential rain to wash off the mud that LnL took us through on the way there!! :D

Best moments of the day - achieving two lifetime dreams - seeing Russ Swift perform live, and seeing the Red Arrows live - fantastic. To top that off there was a Tornado too!
Second Best moments of the day - meeting all of you lot. My first 'official' NMS outing (although I'd met a few of you on the Hadrians Wall Run) you're a great bunch of people, and we look forward to joining you on more runs!
Archie's best moment of the day - birthday cake!! GREEN SHREK birthday cake!! And it wasn't even HIS birthday!! :D

Worst moment of the day - that muppet of a polis who stopped the MINI convoy through the town to let the traffic move....... Which meant we lost the rest of you and had no idea where to go, and then ended up at the showground a good 10 minutes before the rest of the convoy!! :mad:
(Also not getting in a car with Russ Swift, even after jumping up and down and shouting at the top of my voice!! Maybe next time.....)

All in all though, the best day out ever, and a HUGE thank you to Shoppie - that was amazing!

X30YES
4th July 2004, 06:33 PM
http://community.webshots.com/user/abinalba REDARROWS PHOTO'S FOR THOSE WHO MISSED A GREAT AND VERY WELL ORGANISED TRIP !!,IT WAS MY FIRST RUN OUT AND IF YESTERDAY IS ANYTHING TO GO BY .....I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE , WELL DONE TO ALL WHO ORGANISED IT
ANGUS X30YES

MartinSullivan
4th July 2004, 06:35 PM
A huge thank you to Shoppie for such a fantastic day. It was great to meet some of you at last and good to put faces to usernames. Hope to see you all again soon.

Big Col
4th July 2004, 11:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini
[br...biggest disappointment for me though....I didn't get to meet Big Col:clown:

Yeah that was a bummer m3. I think I saw you zinging about but never got a chance to have a chat. On the bright side though, the disappointment you feel at not meeting me will be far smaller than the disappointment you would feel if you had. ;):)

Big Col
4th July 2004, 11:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Kirsty

Col...what can I say FANK YOU!!! I might let you have a wee shot sometime if you pwomise not to get too close to any green astras!!

<prints screen> Oooh look look look! I got it in writing! I'll be right there!:D:clown:;)

shoppie
5th July 2004, 06:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

MASSIVE RESPECT TO SHOPPIE

Honestly, I can't say it enough! The mnd boggles how much organising that must have taken. A great day out for all the NMS family (despite the best efforts of the weather).

Apologies to all those towards the rear of the convoy through Arbroath who were stupid enough to follow me....

Was great seeing so many new faces and some more familiar ugly ones;)

For lnl - I'll ask my brother what type of induction kit the guy in the Tornado has fitted...yours is just not LOUD ENOUGH!

...biggest disappointment for me though....I didn't get to meet Big Col:clown:

Thanks Calum.
I can't take all the credit and must clarify the fact that I was joint organiser with my friend and co-committee member of the Arbroath Business Association, Gillian Howie.
My part was arranging and placing all the car clubs and the Royal Navy Helicopter. Gill's part was the Red Arrows,the Tornado and dealing with the masses of red tape and paper work required to stage something like this.

:cool::cool:You guys and all the other clubs made the show:D:D

Willie M
5th July 2004, 08:39 PM
Would just like to echo everyone's comments. Absolutely brilliant day out, didn't let a little shower or two dampen our spirits. Russ Swift, Red Arrows, and especially the Tornado flypast, were just awesome. Great to see the regulars again and to meet so many new faces (+ MINI's) too :cool:

Big well done to Shoppie & all the organisers :approve:

:I Sorry about the shameful wax job Big C :I Sounds like a job for our resident valeter ;)

Bazthemod
5th July 2004, 10:59 PM
quote:
Sorry about the shameful wax job Big C Sounds like a job for our resident valeter

Where is Linda anyway!? :I:clown::p:blackeye:

Mini Martyn
6th July 2004, 01:46 AM
Big well done to Shoppie & all the organisers

What a great weekend, the best i have had in a long time (well at least since my holiday) ;)

Roll on Cullen!!! :D:D

Starky
6th July 2004, 03:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

http://community.webshots.com/user/abinalba REDARROWS PHOTO'S FOR THOSE WHO MISSED A GREAT AND VERY WELL ORGANISED TRIP !!,IT WAS MY FIRST RUN OUT AND IF YESTERDAY IS ANYTHING TO GO BY .....I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE , WELL DONE TO ALL WHO ORGANISED IT
ANGUS X30YES

Great photos Angus, pinched some :p, hope you don't mind buddy :)

Heather
6th July 2004, 07:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
)Best driving moment of the day goes to Tribal for not 1 but 2 instances. Barrichelo out Tribal in in my opinion! :cool::D;)

Whatever do you mean??:I
Howard thanks again for such a great day. It was a great run even if my car was covered in brown mud thanks to LnL's route there;) Great to see everyone again and also to see some of the clanners there too. So jealous of your trip with Mr Swift. Does anyone think he does lessons????:D:D:D

Big Col
6th July 2004, 03:59 PM
The mud didn't stay there too long thanks to the heavenly car wash organised by Shoppie. The man thought of everything. :D

Maxxed Ross
8th July 2004, 12:31 AM
Yeah, very good thinking. But who would have thought how wet you could get running from the show ring to the car! Still the funniest part was watching all the 'dry' people in the BMW tent getting soaked when they tried to get rid of the puddles on the roof. He he he!:p

Smurf
8th July 2004, 01:01 AM
One of them was me !!!!!!!!!! :(
My legs were soaking for hours after that. Good job I'd brought a change of footwear!

R7 ETH
8th July 2004, 01:06 AM
Or did anyone see that womean trying in vain to put up a small purple tent to take shelter in!!!

Jeff
8th July 2004, 03:18 AM
The small purple tent lasted about 10 mins!!! I felt like offering some of the bedraggled punters a haven in the Mini!

GAJ
8th July 2004, 04:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

One of them was me !!!!!!!!!! :(
My legs were soaking for hours after that. Good job I'd brought a change of footwear!

Imagine owning two pairs of wellies! How posh is that?:clown:

Smurf
8th July 2004, 05:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Imagine owning two pairs of wellies! How posh is that?:clown:

They've got buckles on and everything! :D ;)

ELFMAN
8th July 2004, 09:50 PM
As I said on the other (Mini Meets) thread, a fine day and HUGE TA's to all the organisers. I even got a sunburned napper between the monsoons! (that brings tears to your eyes, I can tell you).

I just can't believe the 2nd Gatso on the way up the A9 didn't go off when we were trying to catch up the Stirling convoy. Let's hear it for Bill the alert navigator, MINI brakes and ABS!

Sorry I won't make the Cullen Run, but you guys have a great weekend. Also sorry to hear about KJ's motor - total sympathy mate - total b@st@rds. It would make you greet. I was gutted when my driver's door got bashed by a mystery bad parker, and that (probably) was an accident. Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.

Anyway, see you all soon.

Starky
9th July 2004, 01:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

I just can't believe the 2nd Gatso on the way up the A9 didn't go off when we were trying to catch up the Stirling convoy. Let's hear it for Bill the alert navigator, MINI brakes and ABS!

Thank goodness for high sided lorries.:p:):D:D

X30YES
10th July 2004, 06:49 PM
No problem Starky , glad you enjoyed them that much that you downloaded some ...feel fee do do so anyone else that missed the THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH ...so far this year .Can it be bettered Shoppie/Calum and the gang ?....Now is that a chalange or what guys ????
Smokies from Arbroath was no problem ...Ice Cream , well that will be I think . !!

Sheilz
10th July 2004, 09:00 PM
I watched the wifie struggling with the purple tent. She gave up when the rain eased. 10/10 for perseverence though nil for intiative. Did anyone capture the dry folk getting wet from the roof puddles on camera. I missed that. I feel cheated. :evil:;)

X30YES
12th July 2004, 12:59 AM
Check out the rain photo's Sheilz...even your roof !! hehe
http://community.webshots.com/user/abinalba

ELFMAN
12th July 2004, 10:34 PM
Some excellent foties on the above link - top marks to the snapper! Captured the flavour(s) of the day.
Especially as I was too busy hiding in the car from the lightning and hailstones!

Kirsty
14th July 2004, 06:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

<prints screen> Oooh look look look! I got it in writing! I'll be right there!:D:clown:;)

Like I said Col... only if you promise not to go near any nasty astras, oh and definately no parking by feel!!!!! (I've had to learn to park in the middle of the road until I can park close to the kerb without scraping my nice alloys!!!! HEE HEE!!!!) :blackeye: :)

Big Col
14th July 2004, 04:33 PM
Astras? Ewwww I hate Astras. Never go near Astras. Also...parking? That'd mean stopping. :D

Kirsty
15th July 2004, 07:53 AM
HEE HEE!! Astras no neither do I but the b*gg*rs keep coming for me, or anything green for that matter after the last little escapade on the way to St Andrews run from Stirling!!!!
STOPPING!!!!???? Oh dear what have I done!!!!!

Big Col
15th July 2004, 03:52 PM
heh. I actually meant that post to be a "That'd mean stopping whilst driving an 'S!!! Why in the hell would I wanna do that?" type thing. What did YOU think I meant I wonder:question: :eek::kiss:;):D

Kirsty
18th July 2004, 08:33 PM
HEE HEE!! No that is what I thought you meant!! It was the thought of my little baby not stopping and the speed that you would probably be doing!!! What did YOU think that I was thinking?? HEE HEE!!! Sorry I'll stop now and go and play nicely!! HEE HEE!!!!

Big Col
19th July 2004, 03:51 PM
Thankfully I don't have to say anything unless I wish to do so but since anything I do say may be taken down and used against me in a court of law. :approve:;)

Kirsty
22nd July 2004, 09:09 AM
HEE HEE HEE HEE!!! Best not then eh!!!