PDA

View Full Version : Missing alot of threads :(

Fartin Martin
17th June 2010, 11:34 AM
Right dunno if I will explain this well enough..but here goes!

I've noticed that, when you click the What's New? tab and it brings up the most recent threads and if you come out of that window for what ever reason and you click it again, alot of the threads that I haven't looked at aren't there. Is there a way to recover threads that haven't been viewed? similar to totalMini, where is says "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts"

It's not a major problem, but just wouldn't like to miss out on any threads that may be of interest.

Apologies if I've not explained this very well! :p lol

cheers

Martin

RyanK
17th June 2010, 12:04 PM
I have this problem aswell.

Aswell - If I go onto the internet and don't visit nms for a long period of time (i.e 30 mins), when I do visit 30 mins later it only shows me the posts from that 30 minute period. Strange like

Fartin Martin
17th June 2010, 12:19 PM
yeah same here man! and I'm onmy phone quite alot too and then the page experies kinda thing! pain in the bum!! lol

GCA3N
17th June 2010, 12:42 PM
Martin your better looking at today's post's and the unread threads/posts will be in bold.

Fartin Martin
17th June 2010, 12:47 PM
wheres that then? :confused: lol

GCA3N
17th June 2010, 12:49 PM
at the top of the screen Quick links/today's post

Fartin Martin
17th June 2010, 12:56 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! :D :D

a didny know that!!!

cheers man..legend as ever!! :thumbs up:

GCA3N
17th June 2010, 01:04 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! :D :D

a didny know that!!!

cheers man..legend as ever!! :thumbs up:

Glad to help mate:thumbs up:

RyanK
17th June 2010, 01:19 PM
Cheers Greig, didn't know that either! :thumbs up:

Gismo
17th June 2010, 03:08 PM
This scenario is aknown "bug" that vBulletin are happy to have, however, it doesn't sit well with the majority of forum owners.

So, as a workaround i inserted the todays posts in the area Greig mentioned, it's not perfect cause it sometimes continues to show unread messages, but, folks will know they have read a post anyway.

The todays posts are only available in certain areas of the forums, for instance, when you select Forums at the top the link is available, but, if you are in other areas it's not, again, you'll see what i'm on about as you use the feature more and more

Fartin Martin
17th June 2010, 03:11 PM
yeah I noticed that if you click Whats New? then once your in that section its not available but if your in a thread then it's available then! I'm sure I'll figure it out soon ha! :p

cheers