PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

zimbo
17th June 2010, 10:13 AM
Well found out yesterday that Gran Turismo 5 for the PS3 has finally been given an OFFICIAL release date of 02/11/2010, that was for the North American market and there was no mention of whether or not that included the rest of the world or not but hopefully it will be a symultaneous world wide release, dont really see why the US should always get things first, after all the fans in the rest of the world are just as anxious for this game to arrive!!

And they also mentioned a special numbered very limited "Collectors Edition" but once again no details if the rest of the world is going to get this or not :ragin:, and I REALLY REALLY would like to get this colectors edition... If anyone finds any info for us EU players then let us know please.

I cant wait for this game to get here, and im telling you guys now (the ones I play COD with) I will be spending the majority if not all of my time playing GT5 when it comes out. and we can even get to race each other online if any of you guys also go for this game:clap:

Knox18
17th June 2010, 10:56 AM
i've been waiting for it to come out an all!

i have my Logitech G27 steering wheel ready waiting for it ;)

euan
17th June 2010, 12:39 PM
I did hear they had delayed it so they could launch it with 3D capability, don't know how true that is though.

I can't wait though, it's going to be awesome.

GCA3N
17th June 2010, 12:41 PM
Been long enough in the making should be amazing :drool:

MINI William
17th June 2010, 03:10 PM
Cant wait for this its taken them far to long to bring it out. In the time its taken them to bring out out we could be on GT6. Also read that it will have the TopGear test track. I want one of the specail edition ones when they come out aswell

Ferengo
17th June 2010, 05:10 PM
Yeah. It's been a while. I'll be getting this so will give you a few games Zimbo for def. We'll need to all get the MINI on the go in it though :thumbs up:

N16SHP
17th June 2010, 05:39 PM
The last GT just didn't do it for me, and have since been a huge Forza fan! Aint invested in a wheel yet, although I probably should, but I have just invested in a new 42" :D

stoney
17th June 2010, 05:58 PM
my get it but its round the same time as the new COD is out as well so i will prob play that more than GT

GCA3N
17th June 2010, 06:08 PM
The last GT just didn't do it for me, and have since been a huge Forza fan! Aint invested in a wheel yet, although I probably should, but I have just invested in a new 42" :D

Forza does rock though loved that too. Only race game Play just now is race driver.

The Bull
17th June 2010, 08:35 PM
Is that GRID? If so I concur. Good game. NFS Shift is good too if you can put up with the long track load times.

GCA3N
17th June 2010, 09:10 PM
Is that GRID? If so I concur. Good game. NFS Shift is good too if you can put up with the long track load times.

Oops your right grid, totally love it.

baptie
17th June 2010, 09:35 PM
I think I have been waiting that long for GT5 that Grid has became my new fav racing game, feels more dynamic.
I downloaded a sample track for GT5 with Golf GTi a while back, just seemed to have lost that apeal......need to try it out to find out.

Ally S
17th June 2010, 11:19 PM
i've lost so many hours and days playing gran turismo. I remember getting my ps1 with gt2, those were the days.

gt5 is probably the only game i'll be getting for the foreseable future

one thing i didnt like in gt4 was that you couldnt order you car list by miles driven - you had to view the car to see how many miles it had done. plus the 2nd hand car milleage kinda screwed it up a bit. Apart from that gt4 was awesome.

zimbo
18th June 2010, 09:01 AM
Its good to see that there are a few other GT fans in here :yes nod: I saw the newest released trailer and you get to see some of the Top Gear track and the Stig doing wot he does best :thumbs up: Yes I do like Forza 3 which I play sometimes when I go round and see Ewan (I dont have an Xbox) it is a great game with amazing graphics etc, but I am a DIE HARD GRAN TURISMO fan and it will always come top of my list of must have games. At the moment yes I do play a heck of a lot of Modern Warfare but this game is kinda p****ng me off lately and has been for a little while now with all the camping, heartbeat sensors, cheating guns (grenade launchers), akimbo(double) shotguns and people running around the map at the speed of lightning... But I must admit I am looking forward to the next installment in the COD series "Black Ops" (or Special Ops, forgot what its called exactly) and will give it a chance, because its being made by Triarch instead of Infinitymoneygrabbingward...

So Gran Turismo will definately be getting chosen 1st everytime when its here and yes I agree Ferengo, we need to eventually get sessions going and have some MINI only races, that will be brilliant (hopefully I wont be making the tea in these games...) :lol:

Burple
18th June 2010, 10:24 AM

Oh yeah!! Forza3 FTW!!!

New free download for Forza... Mini coupe concept!!! :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Knox18
18th June 2010, 11:55 AM
(hopefully I wont be making the tea in these games...) :lol:

i certainly wont be ;)

stoney
18th June 2010, 04:51 PM
i certainly wont be ;)

it will be me as i am crap at racing games dont have a sence of speed in them like you do when your in a car may be better with pedals and a wheel

MINI William
18th June 2010, 05:24 PM
it will be me as i am crap at racing games dont have a sence of speed in them like you do when your in a car may be better with pedals and a wheel

Never knew you had a sence of speed when you were driving :thumbs up:

stoney
18th June 2010, 06:24 PM
Never knew you had a sence of speed when you were driving :thumbs up:

cheaky bugger may be fearless in that but leave it for the track these days :lol: