PDA

View Full Version : Owners Handbook.

Scottie
16th June 2010, 11:37 PM
Ok so reading my Owners Handbook. Never actually done that before kinda boring but I will read cover to cover.

Anyway.... Daylight Running Lights.... The handbook has a section on this and how to activate... has the Mini always had this option or is it new. I'm wondering if my car will have this.. Might be an idea for me to read the handbook while sitting in the car I think.

Bazthemod
16th June 2010, 11:38 PM
Think it's always been an R56 thing... I have my lights on all the time regardless anyway lol

Scottie
16th June 2010, 11:40 PM
Right have you read the read the owners handbook????

Bazthemod
16th June 2010, 11:49 PM
Yeah few times... tried to set it up. Have you tried to?

Scottie
16th June 2010, 11:56 PM
Nope I ended up just flicking through the handbook a couple mins back. Will take it with me tomorrow and sit in the car and read it.

gauldrymini
17th June 2010, 10:46 AM
Saw that in the handbook for our R57...I reckon it is an option for non UK cars...might be wrong though...

Scottie
17th June 2010, 10:48 AM
I think it's only for cars with the automatic lights on function

N16SHP
17th June 2010, 05:46 PM
I'm gonna slightly hi-jack this thread. When I was out with Greig, his R56 S the same as mine has a different 'bong' when you do things you shouldn't. Anyone know why this is? I checked the handbook to see if you could change it but couldn't find anything!!

GCA3N
17th June 2010, 06:14 PM
I'm gonna slightly hi-jack this thread. When I was out with Greig, his R56 S the same as mine has a different 'bong' when you do things you shouldn't. Anyone know why this is? I checked the handbook to see if you could change it but couldn't find anything!!

Ma bong was better than your bong. Lol

N16SHP
17th June 2010, 06:22 PM

I hate to say it, but I enjoy your bong more :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

AndyP & Lenore
17th June 2010, 07:57 PM
Being a male, reading the owners handbook is against the law.:frown:

A.:D

Stewart
17th June 2010, 08:45 PM
I hate to say it, but I enjoy your bong more :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Great now I don’t know if I have the good bong or not. :smilewinkgrin:

You sure both the 57 plate and 10 plate here have the same bong................

GCA3N
17th June 2010, 09:08 PM
Great now I don’t know if I have the good bong or not. :smilewinkgrin:

You sure both the 57 plate and 10 plate here have the same bong................

Well mines is an 08 don't know what neils is though. But what's more I can't believe we're talking about car bongs.

GCA3N
17th June 2010, 09:43 PM
Well just sat and read over the Hand book makes for interesting Reading. Anyway few things I didn't know like u can turn off the tilt alarm on the car when putting ur car on a ferry for example (mines is always going off but don't like leaving it unlocked) also to stop the central locking going on when I drive off. There's a few other bits and pieces. What was interesting is although the handbook states you can have driving lights on but when you go into the settings it skips by this bit. So I guess there is no option on my car. Also neil no bong adjustment always thought there was.

Anyway I'm going to drink beer and scratch my ar$e a do manly stuff now :lol:

N16SHP
18th June 2010, 10:04 AM
Being a male, reading the owners handbook is against the law.:frown:

A.:D

Yeah, my new TV arrived yesterday, and my Mrs said, are you gonna read what your doing first?.........."nope" lol!

simonfr
29th October 2013, 12:25 AM
Just found some an interesting resource of manuals in PDF format that I thought others might find useful (certainly saved me going out in to the cold to check what Silvatec bulbs I'd need :thumbs up:)

http://libraryofmotoring.info/reference/manuals/

Simon