PDA

View Full Version : vibration

cookie9561
16th June 2010, 09:26 PM
since getting my coopers air con fixed by main dealer under warranty i can feel vibration through the clutch pedal and brake pedal as well as the steering vibrating,does anyone know if they are connected,be grateful for any answers

KenL
17th June 2010, 09:31 PM
Is it just when the AC is on?

Or is it when the fan blower is on and AC is off.

cookie9561
17th June 2010, 09:38 PM
when i start car its fine,say drive few miles then switch on air con and it starts,after i switch off it still stays wee while then goes

GCA3N
17th June 2010, 09:46 PM
Very strange never heard of that. Have you spoken to the Garage again?

cookie9561
17th June 2010, 10:05 PM
no need to go back and see what they say

cookie9561
18th June 2010, 03:59 PM
just back from dealer,mechanic came out and said only thing he could suggest that they look up and see if any info on it from bmw,says they havent had any complaints except me,magic,just what you want to hear,also said might be worth seeing if there is software update or turn up idle speed,got pins and needles from driving ha ha

KenL
19th June 2010, 04:23 PM
Can you not tell them it is a new fault which only started immediately after they "fixed" your aircon?

cookie9561
19th June 2010, 06:58 PM
thing is ive never had air con working since ive bought car until now,bmw mechanic saying well now its working ur first one to complain it vibrates,hes saying ye i acknowledge vibration but its not that bad and ur first to complain,its usul garge line,bit pissed off at bmw as everyone says they are great at sorting your probs out,girlfriend drove car today and she says its horrible feeling through steering wheel

KenL
19th June 2010, 07:42 PM
I've never felt vibration through the steering wheel in ANY car from the AC.

cookie9561
19th June 2010, 09:59 PM
well thats my feeling,ive had a fair few cars with air con,drove cars for hertz part time for over 20 years nad never felt that,just getting pissed off after spending over 11 grand to have this crap,kno lm coming across as negative but thought i would at least have a car that didnt have this kinda of issues

Scottie
19th June 2010, 10:53 PM
I could feel vibration through my steering (only when the motor was at a stand still) when my aircon was on in my cooper when the cooling fan came on which it done all the time when I has the aircon button pressed, not now though that I have the auto aircon in my new car.LOL

Could it be the cooling fan causing the vibration

cookie9561
20th June 2010, 10:15 AM
ye scottie i think it is cooling fan but mecahnic at a loss how to stop i think,after 10 mins or so it does get uncomfy on your hands,when you come out of car you feel pins and needles in fingers

cookie9561
1st July 2010, 03:23 PM
just back from bmw dealer today,they say vibration starts as soon as the pusher fan kicks in,needs new fan,also air con seals gone which is causing leak,does anyone know what this pusher fan is please

cookie9561
1st July 2010, 08:59 PM
have to say guys this forum not the quickest at replying to questions compared to some others ?

KenL
1st July 2010, 09:48 PM
have to say guys this forum not the quickest at replying to questions compared to some others ?

Sorry about that!

Perhaps the members here don't post a reply unless they can add anything that is helpful.

Or, maybe it is a smaller community?

Scottie
1st July 2010, 09:54 PM
could it be that the pusher fan is the fan at your radiator or the fan that pushes the air in to your cabin, that's the only two fans that I know on a mini but there could be more. pusher is just the term the dealer has used as most fans push air.

cookie9561
1st July 2010, 10:06 PM
makes sense what ur saying,many thanks for reply scottie

cookie9561
1st July 2010, 10:08 PM
thanks kenl,maybe ur right, just seems to take an age for a response,had vw before and forums there a lot more how can i say responsive lol

audrey
1st July 2010, 10:31 PM
I would reply if I could help but I've not got a clue about car faults :frown:

Hope you get it fixed soon not a very good start with your mini but hopefully your warranty will cover the repairs :D

Good Luck with this and let us know how you get on :thumbs up:

cookie9561
1st July 2010, 10:47 PM
many thanks audrey,have to say it was same people who replied before for which lm very grateful,thanks again

Gismo
2nd July 2010, 12:22 AM
A bit harsh to say you are not getting help, this forum is more than willing to assist when folks are able to.
I think in your particular instance your problem is not easy to diagnose when sitting at a PC, hence you took it to a mechanic who still does not really know what teh problem is.

Hope this hasn't put you off posting in the future cause you will get as much help as can be given :thumbs up:

cookie9561
2nd July 2010, 07:21 AM
i havent complained about not getting help,just that the forums not the quickest at replying but the other members have kindly put me right why that might be,not meaning to come across as negative towards the forum. you can get bit frustrated when you have a prob with no solution in sight as lm sure all members know what lm saying