PDA

View Full Version : Apple iPad

Fairy
13th June 2010, 10:39 PM
Just treated my boyfriend Steven to an Ipad, got the 16gb (wifi)
Its superb - really impressed with it - loving the "who wants to be a millionaire" app along with the "doodle jump" :cool:
had a bit of a job getting my hands on an iPad like but it was worth it -he loves it
will be great for the flight across to Singapore in september for the Grand Prix (its a long one 17 hours :frown:)

anyone on here got one?

GCA3N
13th June 2010, 10:46 PM
oh I want one too, love the iphone and for me this would be just the ticket, I am hoping santa will be good to me.

Gismo
13th June 2010, 10:47 PM
Was thinking about one, but, i need to be able to create word and excel documents etc and the iPad can't do it, so, it was a notebook for me

AndyP & Lenore
13th June 2010, 11:28 PM
Had a play with one in a apple store.

Very nice piece of kit.:thumbs up:

Shouts: SANTA!!!!:D

A.:D

Mini Ecosse
13th June 2010, 11:32 PM
Ally has designs on one of these.
Currently on hol in Wyoming, must keep her away from the shops!

AndyP & Lenore
13th June 2010, 11:36 PM
Ally has designs on one of these.
Currently on hol in Wyoming, must keep her away from the shops!

With the exchange rate the way it is, you're saving about £70 on the base model. Wasn't worth it for me to buy so early.

A.

Bazthemod
14th June 2010, 01:06 AM
Had one and just took it back the other day. Im a big apple fan but even I wasn't that impressed to be honest! This sat ontop of my Mac Book Pro and there was something that punched me in the guts about using a 600 quid device over a 1500 quid device lol.

The apps for ipad are pretty poor at the moment and something i hope will improve, you don't even get facebook!

If you have an iPhone you will get annoyed with ipad as you will wish the ipad did more of what the phone does and vice-verse.

Maybe the Macbook Pro and iPhone have spoilt it for me, i just felt it was an expensive device for something i seen myself losing the novelty of using very quickly!

Good points however is the screen - fantastic display that makes everything pop!

Battery life is awesome compared to iphone too!

I think in time this will be a great device but to really get there it needs more apps and features such as onboard cameras.

Mon the fish
14th June 2010, 07:49 AM
It just sums up the Apple culture to me- 'Ooh, I want, it's so shiny and gimmicky! I don't know why I want it, but I do I do!' (And I do have an iphone)

Not sure of the benefits of one of these tbh - a netbook suits me better, and I have no idea what size of pocket you would need to fit an ipad in. My iphone fits in my pocket fine.

Stewart
14th June 2010, 10:13 AM
I think this will be stunning in a few years when the price drops and the apps are sorted. Not seen one in the flesh. I’m impressed with the I-phone so that’s on my Xmas list…..

GCA3N
14th June 2010, 10:26 AM
I think this will be stunning in a few years when the price drops and the apps are sorted. Not seen one in the flesh. I’m impressed with the I-phone so that’s on my Xmas list…..

good choice, don't be drawn to the dark side that is HTC:lol:

Delboy
14th June 2010, 10:52 AM
Had a play with the iPad a week ago in the Apple Store in Glasgow - a very impressive gadget :yes nod:. However, I'm still not convinced about why you would want an iPad if you already have an iPhone/iPod Touch and a laptop or netbook, especially when the cheapest iPad is £420 with only 16GB of storage :frown:.

Isn't it completely unecessary :idunno:?

GCA3N
14th June 2010, 11:05 AM
Had a play with the iPad a week ago in the Apple Store in Glasgow - a very impressive gadget :yes nod:. However, I'm still not convinced about why you would want an iPad if you already have an iPhone/iPod Touch and a laptop or netbook, especially when the cheapest iPad is £420 with only 16GB of storage :frown:.

Isn't it completely unecessary :idunno:?

What does necessity have to do with it :lol:

AndyP & Lenore
14th June 2010, 11:54 AM

PMSL. Wot he said.:lol:

A.:D

Mini Ecosse
14th June 2010, 12:06 PM
Great comments one and all:thumbs up:

Ally has went off the idea at the moment :clap::clap:

Delboy
14th June 2010, 01:17 PM

So, what would you use it for?

Stewart
14th June 2010, 02:20 PM
Granted sitting out the back garden with something that looks straight out of Star-trek does have its appeal, but then I’m easily impressed when it comes to gadgets. When my mate done his Sky Box to record something for his wife when we were out on his I-phone I was sold…..

Just got to wait till Dec to got off my three contract on my Nokia.

..S-J..
14th June 2010, 05:45 PM
A good App for it is Top Gear Cool wall

Mon the fish
14th June 2010, 05:46 PM

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Apple is successful. They get you to buy chintzy gadgets that you don't actually need, but dearly want, and once you have it, you then start wearing black polo-neck jumpers and rectangular specs

GCA3N
14th June 2010, 06:29 PM
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Apple is successful. They get you to buy chintzy gadgets that you don't actually need, but dearly want, and once you have it, you then start wearing black polo-neck jumpers and rectangular specs

:laugh: got in in 1

rpn
14th June 2010, 09:13 PM
Play with one a couple of weekend ago. Not that impress tbh. To me it's just an oversized iPhone without the telephone facility. Like Baz, Can't see the reason to use an iPad instead of the MBP I'm currently using now. For travelling I can use the Samsung Netbook.

So the answer is no, I wouldn't be getting one.

N16SHP
15th June 2010, 02:09 PM
Had one and just took it back the other day. Im a big apple fan but even I wasn't that impressed to be honest! This sat ontop of my Mac Book Pro and there was something that punched me in the guts about using a 600 quid device over a 1500 quid device lol.

The apps for ipad are pretty poor at the moment and something i hope will improve, you don't even get facebook!

If you have an iPhone you will get annoyed with ipad as you will wish the ipad did more of what the phone does and vice-verse.

Maybe the Macbook Pro and iPhone have spoilt it for me, i just felt it was an expensive device for something i seen myself losing the novelty of using very quickly!

Good points however is the screen - fantastic display that makes everything pop!

Battery life is awesome compared to iphone too!

I think in time this will be a great device but to really get there it needs more apps and features such as onboard cameras.

Have to agree with you Baz. I've been a mac user now since the days of the colourful imac G3's yes we all remember them http://materialdesigns.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/apple-g3-ad.jpg

But after playing with the iPad just felt that Apple have came up short in their originality. For me, my new iMac and Powerbook just cannot be beaten!