PDA

View Full Version : Today I test drove

Mini_Disaster
11th June 2010, 01:37 AM
A bright green Focus RS, &..........................I absolutelly loved it!

I'd happily move on from the M3 for one of these, its totally different car, maybe not as an involving drive but its certainly fun & plenty quick for me, sounds awesome as well. Only thing thats against me signing for it there & then is im not getting offered what I want for a px, apparently my mint 2005 limited edition M3 is only worth 14k px. So I think im gonna sell mine private and then buy an RS.

Just fancy something different...............

Anyone else experienced one??

GCA3N
11th June 2010, 07:12 AM
A bright green Focus RS, &..........................I absolutelly loved it!

I'd happily move on from the M3 for one of these, its totally different car, maybe not as an involving drive but its certainly fun & plenty quick for me, sounds awesome as well. Only thing thats against me signing for it there & then is im not getting offered what I want for a px, apparently my mint 2005 limited edition M3 is only worth 14k px. So I think im gonna sell mine private and then buy an RS.

Just fancy something different...............

I love that car think it looks stunning. Tbo it does have an asbo look about it but who cares would love to test drive one. Was it alot quicker than your m3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon the fish
11th June 2010, 07:20 AM
I've got an old 2.5 Volvo 850, just buy that off me, put a turbo on it and paint it green! Would be more or less the same, no-one would notice...

GCA3N
11th June 2010, 07:44 AM
I've got an old 2.5 Volvo 850, just buy that off me, put a turbo on it and paint it green! Would be more or less the same, no-one would notice...

Is it the t5 one I like those.

Delboy
11th June 2010, 08:17 AM
I absolutely love the new Focus RS :drool: (although not in that hideous green :hand:). I've seen them in white and blue - stunning :thumbs up:.

I still have a love for these rally-bred cars (never quite got my Subaru Imprezas out of my system :rolleyes:) and would love to go back to that type of car at some point - preferrably just as a weekend play-thing :smilewinkgrin: (better keep doing the lottery :lol:).

Livi
11th June 2010, 08:28 AM

My Brother bought the frozen white RS

Ordered it in april last year and it came january this year lol!

He bought the white as he noticed the difference in panel colour between the metal and the plastic bodywork

its an absolutly lovely car to drive :D

Livi
11th June 2010, 08:30 AM

I think T5s were turbos Greig, if you get your hands on an ex police on :drool:

but i do love the 850 T5's (estate)

Big Gordy
11th June 2010, 10:56 AM
Guy at my work has a white RS :thumbs up:.......very nice indeed:cool:

Fairy
11th June 2010, 11:31 AM
Dont like the blue as it just kinda looks like an ST at first glance
Love the green + white RS but have to say they are beginning to look a little chavvy - would still have one though!!! =)

zimbo
11th June 2010, 11:53 AM
I would love to have a shot of one of them, but I would REALLY LOVE a go in one of these even more though...

:drool:

Mon the fish
11th June 2010, 01:01 PM

Nope, just a normally-aspirated 2.5. Has the T5 wheels and bodykit though. I bought it for £650 three years ago, has now done over 150k miles, and has never broke down once. Sails through its MOT each time. I just use it as a workhorse, to keep the Mini for the weekends. Bought it to carry my mountain bike (so not to scratch the Mini) - the bike cost more than 3 times what the car did!

The Dogfather
11th June 2010, 01:11 PM
The other day I test drove a Abarth 500, it was really fun to drive. Wouldn't buy one just yet though as there's rumours of the brilliant new multiair finding its way under the bonnet.

Mini_Disaster
12th June 2010, 01:28 AM
Was it alot quicker than your m3?

Wasnt quicker than the M3, it was a lot smoother than I was expecting & put the power down very well when I got the chance. The noise this thing makes when on full chat is the addictive thing!!

I liked it so much im seriously thinking about selling my beemer & getting one!!

Sheilz
12th June 2010, 10:33 PM
LOL Today I test drove a Puegot 308 1.6 sport convertible. Its pig ugly but I thought I was just fair archie with the hard top down. Only prob I forgot my shades to pose with and left my ipod in Dougall. The car itself was ok for what it is, a bit soft on the pedals, but then all cars are like that compared to the tight precise Mini drive, recaro type seats were ok but difficult to find the ideal driving position. I liked the convertible experience though, that was very nice. Am hoping its a nice day tomorrow and Monday so I can get a shottie at posing too.

GCA3N
12th June 2010, 10:38 PM
Think it's a miserable forcast for tomorrow shielz.

I'd love an s convertible just wish that mini would bring out a folding tin top one, now then we'd be talking.

Sheilz
12th June 2010, 10:43 PM
Think it's a miserable forcast for tomorrow shielz.

I'd love an s convertible just wish that mini would bring out a folding tin top one, now then we'd be talking.

O b*ggar! What about Monday? Any sunshine on the horizon for us peely wally Scots? I have some very smart gucci shades that need airing and besides I want to be a posser for a couple of days.

GCA3N
12th June 2010, 10:52 PM
O b*ggar! What about Monday? Any sunshine on the horizon for us peely wally Scots? I have some very smart gucci shades that need airing and besides I want to be a posser for a couple of days.

Can u pose in a pug? Lol

I think it's to improve on Monday, fingers crossed.