PDA

View Full Version : Opinions folks??

Fartin Martin
10th June 2010, 08:27 PM
Right..well its time for Mammy to get a new car!! :clap:

soooo..its back to havin a BMW:D I really like the 6 series convertible(means I won't be soooo eager to trade in my car! :lol:) and the X5..so its pretty much a toss up between these.

any thought on these would be great

is there anything that is a must have on them, any down falls on them etc

cheers

Martin

Delboy
10th June 2010, 08:36 PM
So, is your mammy a hairdresser or drug dealer? :lol:

Fartin Martin
10th June 2010, 08:37 PM
pahaha..drug dealer obviously! :lol:

Gismo
10th June 2010, 08:46 PM
Are you seriously going off road?? if not at all ever, then it's the 6 series hands down

GCA3N
10th June 2010, 08:49 PM
Between those two 6 series, but if i'm honest don't like either. I'd have a 3 series convertible (the hard top folding roof one)

GCA3N
10th June 2010, 08:49 PM
So, is your mammy a hairdresser or drug dealer? :lol:

:laugh:

Fartin Martin
10th June 2010, 08:50 PM
ha ha..nah NEVER off road! she just likes big cars and 4x4's..its a real tough call as they're both stunnings cars! I was looking at a few X5's online and thought OMG I'm in love! lol

Fartin Martin
10th June 2010, 08:51 PM
Between those two 6 series, but if i'm honest don't like either. I'd have a 3 series convertible (the hard top folding roof one)

well see..thats a possible contender too! but she's had a 3 series and would prob think it too small now lol

The Dogfather
10th June 2010, 08:55 PM
The 3 series convertible is ugly compared to the coupe.

The 6 series isn't a pretty car either, the X5 is pointless as its an offroader which doesn't do offroad that well. If I was spending that amount of money on a car I'd have to go for one of these: -

http://www.autoweek.com/chicago-auto-show/Jaguar-XFR/images/Jaguar-XFR.jpg

Obviously depends on the budget though ;)

Fartin Martin
10th June 2010, 09:09 PM
I love the 3 series and the 6..think they look pretty hot! :D

but The Mother isn't a Jag fan..or a Merc..or and Audi! strange woman actually :lol:

The Dogfather
10th June 2010, 09:19 PM
Shame because I heard one of those Jags pull away from Costco the other day and its sounded like an old V8 mustang with a supercharger.

The new Jags are very different inside, in fact I'd go as far as saying they have the best interior of any premium car this side of an Aston Martin

http://image.motortrend.com/f/13570828+w750/112_0901_01z+2010_Jaguar_XFR+interior_view.jpg

http://image.motortrend.com/f/13570840+w750/112_0901_02z+2010_Jaguar_XFR+dashboard.jpg

Mon the fish
10th June 2010, 10:11 PM
The 3 series convertible is ugly compared to the coupe.

The 6 series isn't a pretty car either, the X5 is pointless as its an offroader which doesn't do offroad that well. If I was spending that amount of money on a car I'd have to go for one of these: -

http://www.autoweek.com/chicago-auto-show/Jaguar-XFR/images/Jaguar-XFR.jpg

Obviously depends on the budget though ;)

Frankly nothing better for the money IMO. I've always loved M5's, but the Jag is just the absolute dog's

Delboy
11th June 2010, 08:08 AM
Martin - I actually do like the X5 :thumbs up:.

Might also consider the Range Rover Sport though :yes nod:.

zimbo
11th June 2010, 11:59 AM
Might also consider the Range Rover Sport though :yes nod:.

+1 :thumbs up: Range Rover Sport would be my 1st choice rather than an X5.

The thing with Jags is that it still has that "Old mans car" stigma attached to it, but I do really like the look of the XF-R :yes nod: (In Black... Mmmmm)

Ally S
11th June 2010, 11:47 PM
+1 :thumbs up: Range Rover Sport would be my 1st choice rather than an X5.

The thing with Jags is that it still has that "Old mans car" stigma attached to it, but I do really like the look of the XF-R :yes nod: (In Black... Mmmmm)

yip, the Range Rover Sport is a seriously cool car

AeroJonny
12th June 2010, 12:49 AM
Range rover sport is waaaaaaaaaaay nicer than the X5

GCA3N
12th June 2010, 06:49 AM
yip, the Range Rover Sport is a seriously cool car

Range rover sport is waaaaaaaaaaay nicer than the X5

Oh yeh now we're talking.

The Dogfather
12th June 2010, 08:28 AM
Ah the RR Sport, the choice of your patriotic drug dealer/pimp.

KenL
12th June 2010, 09:37 AM
I dislike large 4x4s with a passion :hand: Totally pointless unless you are a farmer, tow a large boat, caravan etc.

Good call on the Jag. My mate has one and it is superb.

If you want 4 wheel drive traction and some class, why not consider an Audi, an S5 Quattro perhaps?

euan
12th June 2010, 09:55 AM
Having driven an X5 and the XF, I'd buy an XF.

The X5 is a big car, not cheap to run even in 3.0D form. It's also expensive on the tax. It's a nice car to drive, good driving position, huge inside but needs the right toys on it.

6 series is a lovely car, but has a slight image problem - nobody will let you out in one of those from a junction ;-) I did see some very good deals on them recently.

Jag - unbelievable car. My old boy has the XF 3.0D in S spec, and it absolutely flies. It's very quiet, looks the business and has much better toys than the X5 did - nearly all of them standard on the top spec car. Boot is a bit of a funny shape as it goes over the diff, so it has a bit of a hump in it. Boot is still big though.

I really like the RR Sport though, if I was buying a 4x4 it would be one of those. But i wouldn't and would buy a black Jag ;-)