PDA

View Full Version : At last!

Delboy
7th June 2010, 12:23 PM
After following F1 for many years I'm finally going to a race - yeeha! Just booked up to go to the British Grand Prix for both the qualifying and race days :thumbs up:. Nothing fancy mind, only general admission on both days but I don't care - cannot wait :clap:.

GCA3N
7th June 2010, 12:38 PM
Excellent, when is that del, should be a cracker, is valerie going too?

Delboy
7th June 2010, 01:12 PM
10th/11th July and yes, Valerie is going too. A weekend away without the kids :cool:.

Fairy
7th June 2010, 02:41 PM
You'll love it Del, its an absolutley brilliant weekend, a very expensive one if you buy merchandise (which you've gotta do!) and the fast food is quite pricey but hey...its the British GP - who cares about price?! Your at one of the best sporting events of the year! :cool:

BTW Dont forget to charge those camera batteries and it also helps if you've worked out how to master the continuous shooting mode before the race starts:argh:! Oh and make sure you catch the Red Arrows display pre-race - its awesome!:yes nod: Oh and also remember not to forget those ear defenders (you can buy ones there with radio included so you can listen to the commentry whilst those luggys are protected! BONUS!) :thumbs up:
Last bit of advise...get there super early on race day for a good spot around the circuit and dont forget the poncho just in case!:hand:!

Delboy
7th June 2010, 04:52 PM
You'll love it Del, its an absolutley brilliant weekend, a very expensive one if you buy merchandise (which you've gotta do!) and the fast food is quite pricey but hey...its the British GP - who cares about price?! Your at one of the best sporting events of the year! :cool:

BTW Dont forget to charge those camera batteries and it also helps if you've worked out how to master the continuous shooting mode before the race starts:argh:! Oh and make sure you catch the Red Arrows display pre-race - its awesome!:yes nod: Oh and also remember not to forget those ear defenders (you can buy ones there with radio included so you can listen to the commentry whilst those luggys are protected! BONUS!) :thumbs up:
Last bit of advise...get there super early on race day for a good spot around the circuit and dont forget the poncho just in case!:hand:!

Thanks for the advice :thumbs up:. I am expecting an expensive weekend between food, drink and F1 merchandise! The camera will be going too and thanks for the tip on reading up on continuous shooting mode :lol:. Since I'm there on the Saturday for qualifying, I'll be able to figure out where I want to go on race day - at least that's the plan :smilewinkgrin:.

Re the ear defenders, am I better getting them before I go or just wait until I'm there?

Cheers,
Del

Mini Ecosse
7th June 2010, 05:52 PM
Re the ear defenders, am I better getting them before I go or just wait until I'm there?

Cheers,
Del

Your employer could supply PPE free:thumbs up::thumbs up:
Ear plugs should suffice.
Mmmmm I will send you a pm

Mini Ecosse
7th June 2010, 05:57 PM
After following F1 for many years I'm finally going to a race - yeeha! Just booked up to go to the British Grand Prix for both the qualifying and race days :thumbs up:. Nothing fancy mind, only general admission on both days but I don't care - cannot wait :clap:.

We are also going to this event :thumbs up:

Maybe we can meet for a drink at some point:thumbs up:

Delboy
7th June 2010, 08:49 PM
We are also going to this event :thumbs up:

Maybe we can meet for a drink at some point:thumbs up:

That would be great :thumbs up:. I'll PM you back re the PPE ;).

zimbo
7th June 2010, 11:59 PM
Arghhhh you jammy buggers, I dream of attending an F1 race one day... :sad:

I hope you guys have a great time :yes nod: