PDA

View Full Version : In Loving Memory

Craig
7th June 2010, 10:05 AM
As some of you may have known, my dad suffered from vascular dementia for about the last 3 years... Well, within the last 6 months he had become more and more unwell and on the 22nd April (his 66th Birthday) he was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer.:frown: This was a huge blow to all the family, however we were told with treatment he could have up to 2 years.

Things did not go well thereafter as on the 6th May, by dad could not longer walk, the doctors thoughts were that the cancer had moved into his bones and spine and this was cutting off the messages from his brain to his legs... This turned out to be the case about a week later when his MRI was done, he also now had Secondary Bone Cancer. He was taken into Hospital on the 7th of May and we were told shortly thereafter that he would never walk again. This meant that he would not be back home and would need 24hr care.... The Cancer was much more agressive than anyone thought and he lost his fight on Tuesday 1st June at 06:45hrs. He was one of the kindest, helpful, most sincere people I have ever know and the whole family will miss him hugely.:sad::sad:

He was a huge car fan, so after speaking with my mum, I will be attending the Argyll Run on the 20th, even tho it is fathers day as that is what he would want. I hope to see some of your friendly faces there...

RIP Dad... :sad:

Livi
7th June 2010, 10:31 AM
Craig,

So sorry to hear that, defo a huge blow to the family and not one of the easiest i must say :frown:

All the best to you and the family Craig.

RIP

Scottie
7th June 2010, 10:33 AM
I'm so sorry Craig our thoughts are with you.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Delboy
7th June 2010, 10:35 AM
Very sorry to hear this Craig. My condolences and best wishes to you and your family at this sad time. See you on the 20th.

gauldrymini
7th June 2010, 10:35 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss Craig...

News like that puts a lot in perspective...

Our Sympathies
Take Care

Andrew and Sharon

Big Gordy
7th June 2010, 11:37 AM
He had a good send-off on saturday tho which was nice:yes nod:
Keep your chin up big guy and I'll speak to you soon :thumbs up:

GCA3N
7th June 2010, 12:40 PM
Nothing more to add Craig, all our thoughts are with you guys.

See u in 2 weeks dude.

john
7th June 2010, 12:58 PM
Thats a tough one Craig, and something we all dread happening.
My thoughts go with you and your family.

AeroJonny
7th June 2010, 01:32 PM
I'm really sorry to read that Craig, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Doug_m
7th June 2010, 02:29 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss man.

AndyP & Lenore
7th June 2010, 02:31 PM
Really sorry we couldn't be with you on Saturday mate.:frown:

Your dad was a top bloke with a great sense of humour.:thumbs up:

A & L.

Fairy
7th June 2010, 02:31 PM
So sorry to read that Craig, all the best to you and your family

JOHN MILNE
7th June 2010, 02:54 PM
so sorry for your loss my thoughts are with you and your family

Gismo
7th June 2010, 03:07 PM
Gutted for you you and your family, RIP

Alan & Me Julie

Bazthemod
7th June 2010, 03:18 PM
Thoughts are with you, went through similar nearly year ago. Definitely helps to keep busy and do things to keep your mind off it even for few hours.

ianking
7th June 2010, 03:28 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Smurf
7th June 2010, 03:43 PM
So saddened to hear your news Craig. A really really tough time, and a huge blow to everyone.

Our thoughts and sympathy are with you and all the rest of the family,

Take care,
Vaila & Andrew
x

RyanK
7th June 2010, 03:54 PM
Condolences Craig, really tough thing to go through.

All the best & take care

Neil and Lorna
7th June 2010, 04:05 PM
Craig

Thinking of you at this sad time.

Condolences to you and your family.

Neil and Lorna.

camjay
7th June 2010, 05:31 PM
My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Mini Ecosse
7th June 2010, 05:49 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss.

You and Jude have both had a tough time recently

Our thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Will not be on run as on holiday but we will catch up on our return.

Stephen & Allyson

Bumble
7th June 2010, 06:15 PM
Condolences Craig, All the best & take care

Lynn & Stuart

stoney
7th June 2010, 06:44 PM
sorry for your bad news we are both thinking of you both RIP

Mr + Mrs Stoney

m8cxc
7th June 2010, 07:05 PM
so sorry to hear of your loss thoughts are with you and your family at this very sad time

Crombers
7th June 2010, 07:50 PM
I met your dad on a couple of occcassions & it was plain to see where you got your interest in cars from.
His passions have been passed on to you big fella, feel proud that you are carrying that flag with flying colours.

I'll speak to you v.soon

Duncan Stewart
7th June 2010, 07:54 PM
Our condolences and best wishes to you and your family at this sad time

Sheilz
7th June 2010, 07:57 PM
Aw Craig, that's such a shame. One of those things that come to all of us at some point but that's no consolation for you at all. You and Jude have fairly had your crosses to bear these past few months. I think going on the run is a lovely way to pay tribute to your dad. Thinking of you both and your mum too.

Craig
7th June 2010, 08:37 PM
Thanks very much for all the kind words, we are very touched ;)

looking forward to some better times soon :yes nod:

The Dogfather
7th June 2010, 10:26 PM
Really sorry for your loss Craig

I hope there's some brighter days soon

D3 JDA
7th June 2010, 10:32 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss m8

audrey
7th June 2010, 10:52 PM
So sorry for your loss Craig my thoughts are with you and your family

zimbo
7th June 2010, 11:51 PM
Craig I am so sorry to hear of your loss, my heartfelt condolences go out to you and all your family at this sad time.

C.Noble
8th June 2010, 01:42 AM
Really sorry to hear that mate, on reflection, that would explain why we never saw you at Oulton park, please accept my apologies for my post on that thread, which now appears cold hearted and in bad taste, obviously I would never have posted it if I had known or suspected something like this had happened.

It was only a few weeks ago you were telling me about your father while you were up at Knockhill. Really feel for you and the family, it's something we all dread, and hope to never experience, but at least he is no longer suffering or or in any pain.

Craig.

Burple
8th June 2010, 09:52 AM
Just gonna echo what everyone else has posted. Horrible times indeed mate. Condolences to you and your family, our thoughts are with you all!

GP BILLY
8th June 2010, 11:05 AM
So sorry for your loss Craig, thoughts are with you and your family.

Craig
8th June 2010, 11:22 AM
Really sorry to hear that mate, on reflection, that would explain why we never saw you at Oulton park, please accept my apologies for my post on that thread, which now appears cold hearted and in bad taste, obviously I would never have posted it if I had known or suspected something like this had happened.

It was only a few weeks ago you were telling me about your father while you were up at Knockhill. Really feel for you and the family, it's something we all dread, and hope to never experience, but at least he is no longer suffering or or in any pain.

Craig.

Craig, please dont worry about the comment in the Oulton Park thread... no problems there. As it was, the only reason I didn't go, was that I was the only one going and I was exhausted, so made the decision not to travel 500 miles in 1 day with the possibility of having an accident due to being too tired.... ;)

As I say, you didn't know, so please don't worry about it, plus my dad took a huge dip on the monday so I was glad I didn't go, but I (and the family) had no way of knowing this was going to happen so quickly... :yes nod:

Hamish
8th June 2010, 07:07 PM
Hey Craig, just saw this thread mate.

I never knew your Dad, but by the sounds of things that was certainly my loss... he sounds like a great guy.

My heart goes out to you, your family and the friends who were lucky enough to know him.

All my best wishes... Godspeed.

Hamish

euan
8th June 2010, 08:35 PM
I never really know what to say in circumstances like this as grief can be such a personal thing. It's very sad news, hope you and yours are doing ok though, thoughts are with you guys.

norrie
8th June 2010, 09:16 PM
Sorry to hear this.
I lost my Dad to Cancer 12 years ago and all I can say is it does get easier.

Norrie.

LightningStevie
8th June 2010, 09:30 PM
aw craig, I am really sorry to hear this. Thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

jdl_1967
8th June 2010, 09:31 PM
Craig, really sorry to hear your news, I had noticed you hadn't been at work but hadn't heard anything and just assumed you were on leave.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weefossy
9th June 2010, 10:20 PM
Craig, just back from Germany, so apologies for delaying in sending our condolences. Please pass on our regards to Jude and Leslie. You are all in our prayers.