PDA

View Full Version : New member from Laurencekirk

mak2503
2nd June 2010, 09:07 AM
Thought I would say hello to you all. Been looking on this forum for a few weeks but only just joined yesterday.
I don't have a mini yet but I am on the look out for one.

Previously had loads of VW MK2 GTI's, Audi S2, Audi RS2 and recently sold my M3 (E46). We are looking to just get the one car for my wife and myself to use as I have a van for during the week and feel the mini fits all the criteria we want.

We have looked at a few mini's and want a grey Cooper S with the full JCW pack. We thought we had found the perfect car at Coull Car's in Portlethen. I asked the chap if it was a works edition and he said yes it was. On closer inspection I felt the car wasn't right. It had a Milltek, coilovers, Speedline alloys which I wasn't too bothered about but it had the works Sparco seats which were just beautiful. When I looked under the bonnet it didn't have any works badges only a sticker saying GT Tuning.
It was rough round the edges with a hose that had been patched with gaffa tape near the intercooler and the last service was done at 35,000 and the car has now done 65,000 which set alarms bells running. Also I wasn't too pleased with the service of the staff. There was two lights on the dashboard one was an airbag light and the other was for the brakes. I asked him about the lights and he said it was because we had just jump started the battery. I wasn't born yesterday.
Then I mentioned about the brakes being in really bad condition with the front ones needing replaced and one of his workers piped up that they had just been replaced for the MOT.

I will keep looking and hopefully find a car on here from someone that has loved there car.

Colin
2nd June 2010, 09:07 AM
:welcome:

Delboy
2nd June 2010, 09:42 AM
Hello and :welcome:

JOHN MILNE
2nd June 2010, 09:49 AM
:welcome::thumbs up: hope you find the car you want soon

RyanK
2nd June 2010, 10:01 AM
Welcome! That car is far too overpriced at Coull, steer clear imo. Also steer clear if its been GTT'd imo

Hope you find the right car, i'll keep my eyes pealed

This one here is nice (http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201022360159542/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/cooper_s/make/mini/page/1/postcode/ab228ax/radius/20/quicksearch/true?logcode=p), again overpriced though in my opinion

Mini Ecosse
2nd June 2010, 11:33 AM
Hi :welcome:

Big Gordy
2nd June 2010, 01:03 PM
Hello:bigwave: and :welcome: Keep looking....one will turn up eventually:thumbs up:

N16SHP
2nd June 2010, 02:16 PM
Hey, welcome along to NMS! I looked for almost a year until I found the right Mini for me, and my patients pretty much paid off!

Gismo
2nd June 2010, 03:52 PM

stoney
2nd June 2010, 04:08 PM

Crombers
2nd June 2010, 04:09 PM
Welcome to the land of the Saltire :thumbs up:

audrey
2nd June 2010, 10:52 PM
Hi :bigwave: