PDA

View Full Version : Airbag light

cooperchris
1st June 2010, 09:49 PM
The airbag light on my dash has been on ever since i unplugged the seat plug and put my new seats in.

What i want to know is, is there a way you can switch the airbag light off(not taking bulb out) so that the airbags work again, An without putting the original setas back in the car :frown:

cheers guys

Livi
1st June 2010, 10:06 PM
it MIGHT need coded, just to let the car know there is not an airbag system there.

john
1st June 2010, 11:17 PM
Are you saying you have put in seats that dont have airbags?

If so then you need to fit a small fuse to the harness to fool the car that there is an airbag there. I can't remember what size fuse you need but if you have a look on www.mini2.com (http://www.mini2.com) you will find the answer and because you have already had the ignition on and activated the light it will need re-set, this can be done by most garages.

Livi
2nd June 2010, 09:40 AM
Good point John, i totally forgot about the resistor.

cooperchris
2nd June 2010, 10:50 PM
Are you saying you have put in seats that dont have airbags?

If so then you need to fit a small fuse to the harness to fool the car that there is an airbag there. I can't remember what size fuse you need but if you have a look on www.mini2.com (http://www.mini2.com) you will find the answer and because you have already had the ignition on and activated the light it will need re-set, this can be done by most garages.

I have put a set of Sparco seats in :D So no airbags.

Had a little look on mini2 but couldn't find what i was looking for. So where about would you fit the fuse to make the car think theres an airbag( prob a silly Q).

Thanx again for all the help :thumbs up:

john
2nd June 2010, 11:26 PM
I have put a set of Sparco seats in :D So no airbags.

Had a little look on mini2 but couldn't find what i was looking for. So where about would you fit the fuse to make the car think theres an airbag( prob a silly Q).

Thanx again for all the help :thumbs up:

It goes onto the plug where the seat used to be pluged into

john
3rd June 2010, 12:20 AM
You need a 3.9 ohms resistor, BUT!!!!!!!!

Given that the light is already on and need programing anyway, I would just forget about the resistor and get the car programed to say it has no seat airbags, sadly this means going to your MINI dealer and will cost money.:yes nod:

cooperchris
3rd June 2010, 05:27 PM
You need a 3.9 ohms resistor, BUT!!!!!!!!

Given that the light is already on and need programing anyway, I would just forget about the resistor and get the car programed to say it has no seat airbags, sadly this means going to your MINI dealer and will cost money.:yes nod:

thanx for all the help, once its on the road al pop down an speak to a friend at BMW.

thanx again :thumbs up: