PDA

View Full Version : Harry Fairbairn Giffnock Mini

RyanK
31st May 2010, 02:00 PM
Anyone had any dealings with these lot? Good or Bad?

My friends looking at buying a car from them & is just looking for some feedback

cheers!

Stewart
31st May 2010, 02:05 PM
Its my Local, only had the Car serviced and a few faults fixed but not had any problem with them. I'm sure there was a few on here that have had if I remember right.

Thay have a few "works" out side. I had a good look last week waiting on my Car. and Yes that White works looks the part:smilewinkgrin:

If you need pictures of a car give us a shout.

Fartin Martin
31st May 2010, 02:57 PM
Yeah theyr pretty good mate..ask for donna..she's a friend of mine and got another friend of mine a good deal on a wee cooper convertible..it's also where I get any work done on my car as my mate jamies the mechanic! :D

RyanK
31st May 2010, 02:59 PM
Haha yeah i seen the R56 JCW they have on the website, tried to convince him but failed. Hes just looking at the DS R53 :)

Thanks for advice though chap!

RyanK
31st May 2010, 02:59 PM
Yeah theyr pretty good mate..ask for donna..she's a friend of mine and got another friend of mine a good deal on a wee cooper convertible..it's also where I get any work done on my car as my mate jamies the mechanic! :D

Cheers Martin will pass on the info:thumbs up:

Forbes
31st May 2010, 03:21 PM
You should tell him to get on it after last nights conversation at yours. Seems keen like, something will come up

GCA3N
31st May 2010, 03:28 PM

I use Harry fairbairn in Irvine, but knowing this might take it there next time Martin.

RyanK
31st May 2010, 03:29 PM
Yeh im just trying my hardest to convince him, i think hes most definately gonna check it out at the weekend.

Bazthemod
31st May 2010, 04:39 PM
Hmmmmmm lol ;)

Mon the fish
1st June 2010, 08:27 AM
I know the service manager well, so my Mini has always had first class treatment

N16SHP
1st June 2010, 09:40 AM
That white works looks tastey!!

Crombers
1st June 2010, 09:56 AM
I have used them with my TLC XL. No probs at all :yes nod:

The only time I 'walked' was when I nipped in pre MINI 50 to see if they had any promo/decals/stickers etc that they could pass on. I'm sure it was Donna I spoke to & explained that NMS were off to Silverstone blah de blah & she thought it was brill that we were doing the trip (I'm sure she was going as well, hospitality & all that :smilewinkgrin:). Anyhoo, I was offered a 'full' decal kit (which was a wee bitty too much) for £50 odd quid :confused: :frown: (for something they would have been chucking in the bin a few weeks after)
To be fair though I'm sure most dealerships were the same as in they had bugger all promo stuff for the 'party' as MINI 50 & all the other 2 year get togthers seem to be more European organised events :frown:

RyanK
2nd June 2010, 07:42 PM
OK so it was me who was looking at cars...the R56 JCW to be specific

Have called the garage every day this week to enquire though, each time being told they would call me back. Yet to have a call returned. Sack it...

Fartin Martin
2nd June 2010, 07:45 PM
Aw mate your kiddin!!:sad:

that's shocking customer service!!!!

RyanK
2nd June 2010, 07:49 PM
Aye, could be just the fact that they are really busy but still haha.

Never mind eh lol

Fartin Martin
2nd June 2010, 08:03 PM
Mate if ye want I'll get onto donna?If ur still interested?

Stewart
2nd June 2010, 08:45 PM
It's a nice car But I think its being used by someone as it sits at the side door with nothing on it every time I've seen it.

If you want I could pop in tomorrow as I’m parking two minutes anyway and give them your number and ask then to call. Dealers what are they like!!!!!!

You sure Ben is not calling them as well and putting them off the return call :smilewinkgrin:

Scottie
2nd June 2010, 09:40 PM
what about this one. someone put a link to it on TM although I think some thought a low spec but I thought it had a good spec. Is this within your budget.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1682082.htm

You realise Ryan that I went through (what you are going through now) for a period of 6 years...... I was never able find a mini to suit bought and sold like a yo yo . No one understood perhaps you do !!???? LOL

Stewart
2nd June 2010, 10:35 PM
http://www.minicherished.co.uk/AUC/vehicle_images/resized2/WMWMF92080TL09017_01_DL_080410_1.jpg

Must say I park next to a white Works with Black Alloys and there is another few about the south side now and they do look great. Seems to be a glut of White and Black these days for sale.

RyanK
2nd June 2010, 11:27 PM
It's a nice car But I think its being used by someone as it sits at the side door with nothing on it every time I've seen it.

If you want I could pop in tomorrow as I’m parking two minutes anyway and give them your number and ask then to call. Dealers what are they like!!!!!!

You sure Ben is not calling them as well and putting them off the return call :smilewinkgrin:

Cheers Stu i'll be in touch if so!

what about this one. someone put a link to it on TM although I think some thought a low spec but I thought it had a good spec. Is this within your budget.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1682082.htm

You realise Ryan that I went through (what you are going through now) for a period of 6 years...... I was never able find a mini to suit bought and sold like a yo yo . No one understood perhaps you do !!???? LOL

Haha I should of never sold the black car tbh, miss it so much and with all the hassle i've had with GP's im going crazy ha. First one was a technical mare as everyone knows and Insurance has just went up to a ridiculous amount for some reason. god damn!

Not certain im selling though, was just snooping around and saw that for a good price. The red one is nice but no chilli pack is unfortunate, also wouldn't fancy spending >20k as theres a facelift R56 coming out in September

http://www.motoringfile.com/2010/06/02/2011-jcw-revealed-exclusive-options-wno-power-increases/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Motoringfile+%28MotoringFile% 29

stuart_hatch
4th June 2010, 04:22 PM
The JCW is used sparingly by the Mini sales manager :)

Stewart
4th June 2010, 05:28 PM
So I see, every time I'm in. Tell him his cars look manky :smilewinkgrin:

RyanK
4th June 2010, 06:01 PM
Got in touch with someone at the dealer, got offered a rubbish p/x though so im just gonna leave it

Stewart
4th June 2010, 11:24 PM
To be fair Ryan They did the same with My Honda I got double what they said in Stirling, there loss. I really liked one of there cars and the guy just hit me with a stupid price. I was actually insulted so walked. Few weeks later bought My coop in Menzies and got the right fair price for my old car.