PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Yellow Paintwork needing some tlc - help

Robingc
31st May 2010, 09:08 AM
Hey folks, needing some advice. I bought my car a few weeks ago and the paintwork on the bonnet was a wee bit faded - but in front of my eyes at the garage the valeter rubbed in some white "polish" buffed with a machine polisher and brought it back to life in 30 seconds. Have noticed another couple of patches now that the sun is out and was going to do the same myself - have an electric buffer thingy, but no idea what the best stuff to use would be???

Also I've noticed that the yellow ont he "a panel" at the sides and up, over under the windscreen adn down the other side seems slightle darker than the bonnet doors - is there anything you think I should use to deep clean this (hopefully) to the same colour?

Thanks

Stewart
31st May 2010, 09:22 AM
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php

The best place for advice and to read up would be DW above, plenty of folks who can help you. Electric Buffer thing? is this something like the Megs machine or a £20 quid shot from lidal or even a rotary.

One thing I will say is you can burn your paint really quick with the latter Rotary. Basically what your doing it taking off a very small percentage of the clear coat.

Not done any machine polishing myself. Good lucky with your car.

Robingc
31st May 2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks for that - shame I missed a meet yesterday, might have got some good tips! It's a RAC one from argos, had worked great on previous cars, but just polishing, nothing else - not sure if i should try it with tcut or similar?

Ta R

GCA3N
31st May 2010, 10:51 AM
...Don't use T-cut.

Loads of clips on You tube for machine pollishing etc try that.