PDA

View Full Version : recommend me a product

Scottie
30th May 2010, 06:34 PM
Looking for the best product to remove transport wax

I know about tardis but don't fancy it with it's acid content I'm leaning towards using my G110 non acid based just wondered if there was other products out there.

prior to claying polishing etc etc.

Thanks.

stoney
30th May 2010, 07:40 PM
i would use the g101 i only use the tardis for tar spots not on the whole car

Stewart
30th May 2010, 09:10 PM
Is this going to be on our new Cooper? I've not touched the red one but it came right from Oxford, via the Dealer there. I gave the car a quick wash but nothing special. I've got Megs General purpose cleaner.
In saying that it was prepped by the dealer.

Scottie
30th May 2010, 09:35 PM
yes on the new cooper going to tell the dealer not to touch the car other than the PDI obviously.

Stewart
30th May 2010, 10:49 PM
Our new car will be fine then as the dealer did touch it. I was not there when it was ordered so I guess they preped it. THink if I was getting a new Mini I'd copy you now with only PDI I did ask that my Silver coop was not valeted when I got it all the same.

k3ith
30th May 2010, 10:52 PM
Tardis has no acid in it, to my knowledge its a solvent based product
G101 is a caustic product

You want to clay a brand new car, why not just get a decent paint cleanser, when i ordered my cooper it came with a token gesture valet but still had a few swirls but it had to go back as there was a defect in the paint again a token gesture valet which to be honest is piss poor and as for anyone thats taken any of the diamonbrite or supagaurd nonsense chuck your money away instead.

Scottie
30th May 2010, 11:06 PM
from the autosmart website

G101 can be used for some dewaxing applications. Ideal for use on Co-polymer wax removal. A low hazard option for dewaxing

SO is this ok to use as I have this but not Tardis or would Tardis be the better option.

k3ith
30th May 2010, 11:22 PM
You can use both, i would prefer tardis though.
From what i have seen at delears they use a pressure washer based product so for the hassle you might be as well to let them do that but nothing else.

ianking
31st May 2010, 08:04 PM
G101 is NON caustic and perfect for removing transport wax.

When I worked at the dealers we used a specific co-polymer wax remover that was sprayed out the hot jet wash.

G101 will work just as well though and if you have it in your collection then all the better. Clay it after dewaxing though as G101 wont remove any tar or rail fillings etc

Scottie
31st May 2010, 09:15 PM
Thanks Ian. SO how do I go about it...... do I use neat?? do I spray on leave then jet wash?

G101 is NON caustic and perfect for removing transport wax.

When I worked at the dealers we used a specific co-polymer wax remover that was sprayed out the hot jet wash.

G101 will work just as well though and if you have it in your collection then all the better. Clay it after dewaxing though as G101 wont remove any tar or rail fillings etc

ianking
1st June 2010, 11:48 AM
Mix it up fairly heavy, it may be about a third in a spray bottle then filled with water. Spray it all over the car then using a wash mitt go over the car as if you were washing it. Also make a strong g101 mix in a bucket for the wash mitt.

Scottie
1st June 2010, 06:18 PM
Ta.

Mix it up fairly heavy, it may be about a third in a spray bottle then filled with water. Spray it all over the car then using a wash mitt go over the car as if you were washing it. Also make a strong g101 mix in a bucket for the wash mitt.

k3ith
1st June 2010, 10:08 PM
G101 contains Sodium Hydroxide which is classed as Caustic or alkalis. G101 has a corrosive warning label, a pH value of 13, plain water being pH 7 (battery acid is 0)
what that comes out when watered down i dont know.

ianking
2nd June 2010, 10:00 AM
But it says NON CAUSTIC on the front label.

The Bull
4th June 2010, 12:52 PM
Contradicting but you can't really argue with the ph level can you?

Scottie
4th June 2010, 06:51 PM
ended up just asking the dealer to remove transport wax for me and I will do the rest. Don't want to put anything that might cause problems on a new motor.

k3ith
4th June 2010, 08:29 PM
I hope it doesn;t go anywhere near Eastern western group. I had my mini in for a flaw in the paint work, they brought it back and theres dried in polishing compound in the grooves at the bumper and on the headlights, buffing marks all over the bonnet and swirls on the edges of the bonnet. It short a F in disgrace, Stevie wonder could have done a better job. When I am ship shape again I am payin them a visit,