PDA

View Full Version : whats the best polish?

cooperchris
30th May 2010, 01:11 PM
Once my car is back from getting painted i'm looking to buy some good polish/wax for keeping it shiny.

I have used autoglym before and others say Meguiars is good, I just dont know.

I also found tyre dressing in the latest Modern Mini mag (Rubber Dub). Has anyone used this yet to tell me what its like?
http://spautopia.co.uk/rubberdub.aspx

Any help on this would be great.

thanx
chris :thumbs up:

stoney
30th May 2010, 01:49 PM
autoglym is what i use and find it very good and as for wax im sure Mr king will be in shortly to tell you

..S-J..
30th May 2010, 02:11 PM
I use Raceglaze 55 wax for the summer and during the winter I use Werkstat acrylic sealent

cooperchris
30th May 2010, 03:05 PM
autoglym is what i use and find it very good

I used to use autoglym on my last cars and found it good, But do you not find it powdery when you wipe it of,Especially the window polish?

I'm using autosmart the now an its not to bad. Just looking to try something new :thumbs up:

Stewart
30th May 2010, 03:20 PM
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php

It's all in there.:thumbs up:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing/polish/cat_16.html

I'll vouch for Tim at Clean your car always very prompt service and good value and if you have a problem it gets fixed simple as.

I just did the car with the following then took it on a Tour of Scotland:argh::argh::argh: mind you it will wash easy.

Sonus SFX-3 Final Finish Polish

Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze (you have to apply this right) buff in small circles to break it down as apposed to stretching it with large strokes)

Meguiars #16 Paste Wax ( This stuff for the price is fantastic in my view)

stoney
30th May 2010, 03:56 PM
I used to use autoglym on my last cars and found it good, But do you not find it powdery when you wipe it of,Especially the window polish?

I'm using autosmart the now an its not to bad. Just looking to try something new :thumbs up:

yes do find powdery i dont use the window polish i wax my side and back windows i can not mind what wax i use tho :blush:

Stewart
30th May 2010, 05:12 PM
Turst me if you Carlack the Windows you'll never use anything else. Example there on the Highland Run when we had that 20-30 mins heavy rain the water just sheeted off the windows. AG Fast Glass is great for the inside Windows.

Fester
30th May 2010, 06:18 PM
I swear by the Autosmart polishes Platinum is fantastic really easy to use no powdery residue and their WAX is the best I have used. It really oes come down to personal preference and certain products suit different colours so best bet is to have a scout around on Detailing World to see what others use.

Stephen

k3ith
30th May 2010, 11:13 PM
Dj need for speed polish is good but prefers a Dj wax to go with it,
as for waxes Meg's No16 for quantity, price and durability, Collinite476s for extra durability and both below £20.

Crombers
31st May 2010, 08:05 AM
Turst me

Eh ........................... no thanks :rolleyes:

Mon the fish
31st May 2010, 08:17 AM
Klasse All-In-One is a good polish; plenty of choice for waxes, I'm using Collinite 915 at the moment, very happy with the results.

Stewart
31st May 2010, 09:33 AM
Eh ........................... no thanks :rolleyes:

Now now play nice or I'll paint my Alloys black.

cooperchris
31st May 2010, 12:52 PM
Cheers for all the help so far folks, a guess its just going to be buy an try to see what works best.

Thanx :thumbs up:

Anymore ideas welcome

Stewart
31st May 2010, 02:00 PM
Just keep the polish off the trim, its a killer to get off.

Wul
5th August 2010, 09:51 AM
Just keep the polish off the trim, its a killer to get off.

Well worth spending 10mins masking the trim/paint junctions beforehand compared to hours of scrubbing later. You may feel silly doing it - but it's well worth the result. :-)

Doug_m
5th August 2010, 12:11 PM
Use a rubber( eraser) to get polish off trims :)

Craig
5th August 2010, 02:55 PM
Use a rubber( eraser) to get polish off trims :)

or peanut oil from the supermarket or even smooth peanut butter.... ;)