PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in Glasgow looking for some advice

Robingc
22nd May 2010, 08:01 AM
Just a quick "hi", picked up my 2003 cooper in liquid yellow/white (you either love them or hate them) on Friday last week, its been back at the garage for some wee bits and pieces getting sorted, so got it back yesterday (now all fixed - fingers crossed) and am delighted with it. I've fitted my parrot MKI9200 kit into it which sounds great and am now considering some stripes - any advice or pics of them on a yellow/white one?

Ideally looking for white bonnet stripes with a wee pinstripe down the edge - but don't want anything too permanent that will cause probs if I decide I don't like them and take them off - can you get "cling" type ones - are they any good?

Catch you later

Rob

GCA3N
22nd May 2010, 08:12 AM
Just a quick "hi", picked up my 2003 cooper in liquid yellow/white (you either love them or hate them) on Friday last week, its been back at the garage for some wee bits and pieces getting sorted, so got it back yesterday (now all fixed - fingers crossed) and am delighted with it. I've fitted my parrot MKI9200 kit into it which sounds great and am now considering some stripes - any advice or pics of them on a yellow/white one?

Ideally looking for white bonnet stripes with a wee pinstripe down the edge - but don't want anything too permanent that will cause probs if I decide I don't like them and take them off - can you get "cling" type ones - are they any good?

Catch you later

Rob

Cling types? What do you mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robingc
22nd May 2010, 09:11 AM
I've heard that rather than the normal adhesive stickers, there's a cling type - like window stickers???

GCA3N
22nd May 2010, 09:31 AM
I've heard that rather than the normal adhesive stickers, there's a cling type - like window stickers???

Ah right well I have used loads of graphics on both my minis and they come (with heat ie hairdrier) off very easily. Occasionally you get a small ammount of glue left over after removal however this Can be removed easily using something like autosmart glue and tar remover. If the graphic is left on for long periods ie years there can be issues with paint fade on the exposed paintwork and it can sometimes be seen where the graphic used to be. However this is mostly evident in darker paints. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumble
22nd May 2010, 10:51 AM
:welcome: you'll find it quiet here this weekend as most are away on a bit of an epic run. I'm in your camp - love LY, but then again I would say that too :blush:

Robingc
22nd May 2010, 11:45 AM
Love the name "Bumble", one of the girls in my work has called mine that since I got it - however it's been named Daisy cos of the colour and the white roof/mirrors. Have a good weekend!

baptie
22nd May 2010, 11:47 AM
Welcome along.

Any querys you have I am sure someone on ere will sort you out.

N16SHP
22nd May 2010, 01:02 PM
Hey, welcome to the site. Have a look in the galleries for some inspiration!

Off Topic: Baptie, love your signature btw!!

MINI William
22nd May 2010, 02:41 PM
Welcome to NMS. As Grieg has said graphics come of very easily with some heat and a touch of tar and glue remover

Craig
22nd May 2010, 03:06 PM
:welcome:

Love liquid yellow, and some graphics will help it out ;)

Mini Ecosse
22nd May 2010, 04:41 PM
Hi, Welcome to NMS

Delboy
22nd May 2010, 07:38 PM

Gismo
22nd May 2010, 09:04 PM
Will be quiet here over the weekend, however, you can contact one of our ex sponsors directly and they will send you pictorial mock ups to show you what you want, mini designs are the company

audrey
22nd May 2010, 10:11 PM
Hi Rob :bigwave: Car sounds nice stripes will look :cool:

stoney
22nd May 2010, 11:00 PM
:welcome: to the mad house :)

Duncan Stewart
23rd May 2010, 08:43 PM

Colin
27th May 2010, 11:34 AM

Crombers
27th May 2010, 12:02 PM
Welcome to NMSland :thumbs up:

Now I seem to remember a LY MINI & a guy called Mar .....................................

................................... well it was a LONG time ago :rolleyes:

Stewart
27th May 2010, 03:42 PM
Getting the Red Cooper done in a few weeks here http://www.minidesigns.biz/ white stripes. They now have a place in EK.

oh aye and Welcome to the site.

Robingc
31st May 2010, 08:59 AM
Thanks for everyone's welcomes - and please let me know once you've got your stripes done - with pics? Wonder if anyone knows my previous car's owners - would love to know what's happended to the paintwork - it's a wee bit faded up the "a panel" accross under the windscreen and down the other side - will post another message looking fo help, but the orig reg started sd03 x. Thanks

R

Robingc
23rd June 2010, 06:15 AM
Well my "mini adventure" might have been short lived for just now!!! A "not very nice person" ran a red light on Saturday morning at speed at charing cross in Glasgow, and has smashed up the drivers side of my car - pretty sure it's going to be a write off! Thanks to the other mini drivers in glasgow - esp the 2 guys in the liquid yellow who drove passed and could obviously feel my pain - we all had gloomy faces. However one good thing that's come from it - the car held it's own and remained firm, and the side impact beams did what they say on the tin, and "daisy" will be replaced by another mini (if she's written off) as i've very impressed with that (you should see the state of his pug 308!), anyway from a sad new (5 weeks) mini driver, over and out for the moment.... :-(

GCA3N
23rd June 2010, 07:11 AM
What a nightmare mate and we all feel your pain. The most important thing is your ok obviously. So I guess you'll be on the car hunt then hope it all works out ok.

Delboy
23rd June 2010, 08:46 AM
Sorry to hear that. Glad everyone was ok - that is the main thing.

Hope you get a quick resolution from the insurance companies so you can get motoring again soon.

ianking
23rd June 2010, 09:20 AM
Sorry to hear that your car has been hit. Might be better if its written off, then you can get another one just incase its not right after a repair.

I had a hefty accident in a new mini about 7 years ago. Car went through a tree, a telegraph pole then over on its roof and it still looked like a car and the doors could still open.

Robingc
1st July 2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks all for your notes, had the garage on the phone the other day - they're repairing it - not sure how I feel as yet, but I did love it and it'll save the hassle of finding another one - seemingly it's about £3500 worth of repairs... Here's hoping it'll be ok.... stand by for an update....

Robin

cooperchris
1st July 2010, 09:55 PM
Hope the car turns out well for you :thumbs up:

audrey
1st July 2010, 10:44 PM
Hope you are happy with it when its all fixed :D

Sorry to read about the accident but at least you are ok