PDA

View Full Version : Bose Headphones

AndyP & Lenore
20th May 2010, 01:06 PM
Just bought a set of these bad boys for my USA trip.

http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/Images/p_qc3_m_tcm6-8170.jpg
It's the Quiet Comfort 3 noise cancelling ones.

Megabucks for a set of headphones but the sound is simply stunning.

A.:thumbs up:

Ally S
20th May 2010, 01:17 PM
:cool:

ya Flash git :p

ianking
20th May 2010, 01:41 PM
I would really like to try them out next time I am passing. Have fancied a set of BOSE headphones for ages.

You lucky boy.

RyanK
20th May 2010, 02:02 PM
Very nice!

Got a set of the Monster Beats by Dr Dre last year and now I could not fly without them, like your bose ones the sound is simply stunning and you don't hear all the muppets around you :lol:

Only negative (about the beats by Dre) is that they are humongous! Looks like you should be on the airfield guiding planes with them haha

GCA3N
20th May 2010, 02:06 PM
Nice andy very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Dogfather
20th May 2010, 02:10 PM
Bose <shakes head> sorry Andy not for me, the brand puts me off even though I know these are probably good headphones.

The rest of the stuff Bose produce is pure pony. Sorry, to people who have Bose kit, its just an opinion.

For that budget my choice would have been Beyerdynamics or Monster Beats. However, I have a tendency to loose headphones so I'm roughing it with a set of Sennheiser CX300ii, I think that's what they are funnily enough they've gone missing.....

Delboy
20th May 2010, 03:05 PM
However, I have a tendency to loose headphones so I'm roughing it with a set of Sennheiser CX300ii, I think that's what they are funnily enough they've gone missing.....

I have the CX300IIs - they are great for the iPod. Being the in-ear isolation type you don't hear much going on around you either :D.

I've tried the Bose noise-cancelling headphones on a flight (my boss has them :rolleyes:) and they were superb :thumbs up:.

john
20th May 2010, 03:11 PM
did you get the adapter for plugging into the aeroplane jack plug ? I have a set of those and they are ace.

euan
20th May 2010, 04:00 PM
Just watch the volume kids, I'm very wary since I lost a bit of my hearing range through headphones, loud car stereos and pubs/clubs - gives you a fair shock at 34!

I've heard that some of the BOSE stuff is good but pricey, but these are supposed to be very good so nice choice! BOSE in the Audi is good though (though not as good and the B&W system in my old mans Jag, that's just awesome!)

N16SHP
20th May 2010, 04:02 PM
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0036/3602/products/bulk_wood_large.png?1274211044

Now we're talking!!! Yes, they are made from wood! I have always craved a pair of the Bose headphones, twice been walking to the cash desk in John Lewis with them in my hand before my wallet lept from my back pocket at the sight of the price!

AndyP & Lenore
20th May 2010, 05:55 PM
did you get the adapter for plugging into the aeroplane jack plug ? I have a set of those and they are ace.

Yeah, cheers John. It came in the pack.:thumbs up:

A.

AndyP & Lenore
20th May 2010, 05:57 PM
I would really like to try them out next time I am passing. Have fancied a set of BOSE headphones for ages.

You lucky boy.

No bother at all mate. Drop by any time.:thumbs up:

40p for 2 hours use. We're cheaper than SBC parking charges.:lol:

A.:D

AndyP & Lenore
20th May 2010, 05:57 PM
Just watch the volume kids, I'm very wary since I lost a bit of my hearing range through headphones, loud car stereos and pubs/clubs - gives you a fair shock at 34!

I've heard that some of the BOSE stuff is good but pricey, but these are supposed to be very good so nice choice! BOSE in the Audi is good though (though not as good and the B&W system in my old mans Jag, that's just awesome!)

Sorry, what'you say?:laugh:

A.:D

ianking
20th May 2010, 09:09 PM
No bother at all mate. Drop by any time.:thumbs up:

40p for 2 hours use. We're cheaper than SBC parking charges.:lol:

A.:D. Ha ha, very good. Yeah your a bargain in comparison

Gismo
21st May 2010, 12:15 AM
Bose <shakes head> sorry Andy not for me, the brand puts me off even though I know these are probably good headphonesI'm with Paul here, i always use Shure's, got the 5E at the moment, fantastic

GAJ
21st May 2010, 12:03 PM
I'm with Paul here, i always use Shure's, got the 5E at the moment, fantastic

Me too, just the SE210 but they are magic!

AndyP & Lenore
21st May 2010, 01:43 PM
Not keen on in-ear phones.

A.

Gismo
21st May 2010, 06:17 PM
Not keen on in-ear phones.

A.I find that for my 2 long haul flights to Africa the in ear head phones do get a tad sore, so, i use sienheisser (spelling) over ear ones to give the lugs a break

AndyP & Lenore
21st May 2010, 06:30 PM
I bought a set of Sony on ear phones last year at Gatwick, just before a long haul to Orlando. Daftest things I've ever bought. Cost about £60 and they have a sharp bit of plastic under the soft cover that stick into the side of your ear and really hurts.

These Bose ones are dead comfy and the sound really is amazing. Looking forward to the noise cancelling bit subduing the engine noise.

A.

The Bull
23rd May 2010, 08:50 PM
I'm a bit of a headphone geek. Lost count of how many pairs I have. Top of the pile are these bad boys though,