PDA

View Full Version : Photography Area

N16SHP
19th May 2010, 03:38 PM
I've noticed on a couple of other Mini forums there is a place for non-mini photography. I know a few of us are happy snappers, myself, Fi, Fester, Andy P, and I'm sure Del, Greig, Ben all have other pics they take minus their cars lol!

Is this possible, and would anyone be interested in it?

euan
19th May 2010, 03:42 PM
I tend to use Flickr, but i'm not sure there is a way of embedding updates into a forum?

Also, there is a New Mini Scotland group on Flickr for those who don't know, but it's not very well publicised!

euan
19th May 2010, 03:44 PM
I'd should add to that - yes I think it's a good idea ;-)

N16SHP
19th May 2010, 03:50 PM
I tend to use Flickr, but i'm not sure there is a way of embedding updates into a forum?

Also, there is a New Mini Scotland group on Flickr for those who don't know, but it's not very well publicised!

I use Flickr also and did not know there was an NMS group on there!

Mini Ecosse
19th May 2010, 04:06 PM
I use Flickr also and did not know there was an NMS group on there!

Ditto

RyanK
19th May 2010, 04:51 PM
Yeh im the moderator on the flickr group (i think) lol because everyone left!

Just checked, and yeh im the administer of this...

http://www.flickr.com/groups/700854@N25/

Delboy
19th May 2010, 04:53 PM
Didn't know about NMS on Flickr but I'd like the new section for non-mini related photos. Although I would understand if it wasn't sanctioned since NMS is a Mini Forum, not a photography one.

AndyP & Lenore
19th May 2010, 05:38 PM
Didn't know there was an NMS area on FlickR either.:confused::confused: It does look like that is more for MINI's and MINI runs, so doesn't really answer the question asked.

To answer the initial question, this would really require another Forum, which is down to Gismo. However, there is the Off Topic & Banter area which can of course be used for posting pics up of non MINI things anyway. So, is there really a need?

A.:D

Gismo
19th May 2010, 06:00 PM
Folks, more than happy to create a new forum for non mini photo's.
In the past members simply used the off topic forum, but, the pictures could get kinda lost in there.
So, would folks want sub forums as well? i don't want to make the main forum area cluttered with loads of more forums, but, if you have sub forums in one header it'll be ok??

Let me know.

I'll need to know the names of the sub forums and a snazzy main forum header

N16SHP
19th May 2010, 06:19 PM
I think just a wee sub forum like the Formula 1 one would be pretty good. I think we could put it up for a couple of months, and if its not busy or not really used we can take it down again? Just thought it would maybe be a cool idea.

Forbes
19th May 2010, 06:46 PM
I would like this.

Also might be a excuse to start 365 days of photography again

Gismo
19th May 2010, 06:50 PM
Ok, forum up and running, i've set it up as a category with one sub forum, if folks think that it would be better to have sub forums for particular types of photography let me know, also, i can change the titles of the forums if mine aren't specific enough

N16SHP
19th May 2010, 07:21 PM
Thanks Boss!!!

Gismo
19th May 2010, 07:44 PM
Hope it works out.
One thing, you may find that folks simply post pictures into one thread, so, remember, if you want seperate forums for say still life, panorama action etc let me know.
Also, folks will most probably post pictures onto existing threads, so, again, let me know if you want to keep things seperated