PDA

View Full Version : Spare 33K

Archer189
18th May 2010, 01:59 PM
Just thought I'd let you know that if you have a spare 33K burning a hole in your pocket then Grassicks, Perth have a 50th Ann. JCW in the showroom. As the salesman said, we haven't paid for it (big smile on his face). Obviously doesn't expect it to shift sometime soon.

stoney
18th May 2010, 02:12 PM
there is one at lloyds and DP as well i have seen

ianking
18th May 2010, 02:24 PM
Yeah mini first said that they had sold them all but they are cropping up for sale at dealerships.

Anyone get to see what number is at Lloyds and Grassicks?

stoney
18th May 2010, 02:50 PM
Yeah mini first said that they had sold them all but they are cropping up for sale at dealerships.

Anyone get to see what number is at Lloyds and Grassicks?

nope but will find out the lloyds one next time i go down

ELFMAN
18th May 2010, 05:37 PM
Iif I had a 'spare' 33K, I'd have a much, much faster G3 ELF (and about £20K left over!). Maybe a wee 2nd hand Porsche Cayman S or a '32 Deuce Coupe with a Chevy V8.....

Don't get me wrong, the JCW 50 is a lovely motor, but I personally couldn't justify that sort of money for any MINI, even if they had seen fit to put JCW Recaros in it - which they didn't. Why didn't MINI make a proper R56 successor to the GP? A more extreme 'RS 56 Lightweight' stripped-out version (no Air Con and all that nonsense) with Recaros, all the right suspension and 4-Pot braking bits, with the trick LSD and in colours like bright orange and black with 250bhp, limited to 500 units and priced at about £25K. Now THAT would be interesting... Nice alternative to the JCW which is fab, but still trying to be everything to everybody.

MINI William
18th May 2010, 06:20 PM
Well said Elfman. Sadly MINI are more interested in making money than a lightweight MINI. Would be great if they done a "track pack" for the JCW with better discs, pads, the recaros, harnesses and the likes :smilewinkgrin:

stoney
18th May 2010, 06:38 PM
Well said Elfman. Sadly MINI are more interested in making money than a lightweight MINI. Would be great if they done a "track pack" for the JCW with better discs, pads, the recaros, harnesses and the likes :smilewinkgrin:

neer get that with a GP :lol:

zimbo
18th May 2010, 06:53 PM
The one at Grassicks is #223, just looked at it while I was saying goodbye to my MINI...

Scottie
18th May 2010, 06:57 PM
what seats are in the 50th edition?? I thought they were recaros

MINI William
18th May 2010, 07:01 PM
neer get that with a GP :lol:

I'm not talking about fat arse recaros and no rear wiper.

Also for got to add lightweight wheels

MINI William
18th May 2010, 07:19 PM
what seats are in the 50th edition?? I thought they were recaros

Just black leather lounge seats with red piping

ELFMAN
19th May 2010, 03:51 PM
Right enough William - some nice O.Z. Ultraleggeras ('scuse spelling) or something of that ilk with decent tyres would go down a treat. But as you intimated, MINI are run more by Bean Counters and Marketing types than Engineers and Petrolheads these days. I suppose in the current economic climate that's maybe sensible, but I still reckon they'd be able to make a few bob with our 'RS 56' version though.

MINI William
19th May 2010, 04:25 PM
Right enough William - some nice O.Z. Ultraleggeras ('scuse spelling) or something of that ilk with decent tyres would go down a treat. But as you intimated, MINI are run more by Bean Counters and Marketing types than Engineers and Petrolheads these days. I suppose in the current economic climate that's maybe sensible, but I still reckon they'd be able to make a few bob with our 'RS 56' version though.

I think alot of people would click the "track pack" button if they were specing up a car just for the recaros etc etc or maybe that is just you and me Elfman :yes nod:

RyanK
19th May 2010, 05:06 PM
Couldn't agree more william and elfman

Im holding out for an R56 GP ;), whenever that comes out :lol:

A 'track pack' would be fantastic

ELFMAN
20th May 2010, 10:17 AM
I think alot of people would click the "track pack" button if they were specing up a car just for the recaros etc etc or maybe that is just you and me Elfman :yes nod:

Yes.... but that's because we're.... SPECIAL! In fact, we could call it the "MINI RS56 Special Editiion"

I definitely think an R56 in the same mould as the old Megane R26 R or whatever it was called would really spice up MINI's image - which IMHO has become far too 'Mainstream' and lost a lot of that magic it had. This obviously happens through time and there's always the 'New Kid on the Block' coming along, but when the most expensive MINI (celebrating RACING success don't forget) has absolutely no 'mechanical edge' over lesser models, only optional bells and whistles (in fact it'll be SLOWER with all that kit), and they start building chunky 'Soft Roaders', well..... it seems dreaded Middle Age has arrived a bit prematurely for our favourite car. Maybe I should start a new thread to see what folks think?

MINI William
20th May 2010, 12:17 PM
but when the most expensive MINI (celebrating RACING success don't forget) has absolutely no 'mechanical edge' over lesser models, only optional bells and whistles (in fact it'll be SLOWER with all that kit)

Elfman funny you should say that but im sure it was EVO who test drove the WC50 a couple of months back and said that the car had lost some of the JCW charm due to it being a tad on the heavy side :popcorn:

MINI William
20th May 2010, 12:20 PM
Yes.... but that's because we're.... SPECIAL! In fact, we could call it the "MINI RS56 Special Editiion"

I definitely think an R56 in the same mould as the old Megane R26 R or whatever it was called would really spice up MINI's image - which IMHO has become far too 'Mainstream' and lost a lot of that magic it had. This obviously happens through time and there's always the 'New Kid on the Block' coming along, but when the most expensive MINI (celebrating RACING success don't forget) has absolutely no 'mechanical edge' over lesser models, only optional bells and whistles (in fact it'll be SLOWER with all that kit), and they start building chunky 'Soft Roaders', well..... it seems dreaded Middle Age has arrived a bit prematurely for our favourite car. Maybe I should start a new thread to see what folks think?

The R26R is a lovely car but was sadly a flop and some of them ended gfetting sent back to france as thet just werent selling. Which is why MINI probably never will do a RS56 Special Edition :argh: