PDA

View Full Version : Monaco GP

zimbo
15th May 2010, 06:49 PM
I cant wait for tomorrows race, its gonna be awesome... I think the tyre changes might decide the outcome of the race especially since there is no real chance for overtaking on the circuit!! :yes nod:

Knox18
15th May 2010, 07:54 PM
I cant wait for tomorrows race, its gonna be awesome... I think the tyre changes might decide the outcome of the race especially since there is no real chance for overtaking on the circuit!! :yes nod:

they will only need 1 tyre tomorrow - wet tyre, its to rain here tomorrow :D

was out jogging on friday morning and bumped into..........
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/knoxy62/Picture253.jpg

Gismo
15th May 2010, 08:12 PM
Nice one, did he know who you were :lol:

Knox18
15th May 2010, 08:16 PM
Nice one, did he know who you were :lol:

yeh he flagged me down and asked for a pic with me, but he insisted on using my camera :laugh::laugh:

my Cod stabbing antics are world famous apparently!!

stoney
15th May 2010, 10:01 PM
lol never seen quaily but will be watching 2morow

Knox18
16th May 2010, 05:26 PM
yawn what a boring race, i actually fell asleep at 1 point

most exciting bit was schumacher passing alonso into the final corner :thumbs up:

stoney
16th May 2010, 05:33 PM
yawn what a boring race, i actually fell asleep at 1 point

most exciting bit was schumacher passing alonso into the final corner :thumbs up:

Yep boring some nice crashis tho

Fairy
16th May 2010, 06:16 PM
nah - most exciting bit was Jenson having to retire on lap 2 - hee hee hee, nae luck min! as u know I'm not a fan!

euan
16th May 2010, 06:53 PM
Now, do we think Damon enjoyed giving Schumi that penalty that dropped him effectively to last???

Pretty dull race all in all, though the backmarkers caused some amusement.

The Dogfather
16th May 2010, 07:13 PM
Terrible race, if it wasn't for the history of the place I'd take if off the calendar

Gismo
16th May 2010, 07:37 PM
Terrible race, if it wasn't for the history of the place I'd take if off the calendarAgreed.......
Didn't see the race and wouldn't watch it anyway, it's a dull dull circuit where there is no actual racing, just a procession, pole winner usually always wins basically down to the fact no one can pass anywhere
Scenic wise, tremendous and the sound through the tunnel is awesome

euan
16th May 2010, 08:24 PM
Agreed.......
Didn't see the race and wouldn't watch it anyway, it's a dull dull circuit where there is no actual racing, just a procession, pole winner usually always wins basically down to the fact no one can pass anywhere
Scenic wise, tremendous and the sound through the tunnel is awesome

Nowhere is as bad as Valencia. It's Monaco without the history, prestige, view, class, excitement....

Can you tell I don't like it?

baptie
16th May 2010, 09:05 PM
Shumey getting 20sec penalty, finished 12th

Braun will be fummmmmin!

Top race, must be hard as hell to get it right.
Really liking the three amigo's at the beginning and end, what a laugh.

Delboy
16th May 2010, 11:07 PM
Not the best race due to lack of overtaking but the crashes certainly made it entertaining at times :smilewinkgrin:. It was also fun watching Alonso pass a few cars early on, and then watching him getting passed by Schumacher at the very end (even although it was illegal!).

Knox18
17th May 2010, 08:41 AM
best race was the porsche supercup! they were diving up the inside of each other everywhere!

zimbo
17th May 2010, 09:41 AM
SO!! F1 jibber jabber strikes again with Schumis move on Alonso... :idunno: I think that decision was or is down to Damons well known dislike for Schumi after all he was in the Judges box so to speak for the race.

It still amazes me how the rules can be twisted etc etc.

The best things about the race were, firstly Alonso startin from the pits, that was faf and put a big grin on my face!! secondly him being held up behind Alguesari (I think it was him) for a while because he wouldn't let him past, and I say good on him, was'nt going to let Alonso intimidate him :clap: and lastly that manoeuvre by Schumi was brilliant, but F1 nonsense strikes again... (one rule for one team and something else for others...)

baptie
17th May 2010, 10:07 AM
20sec penalty though, thats severe hatered

euan
17th May 2010, 10:34 AM
I think to be fair to Damon, in the regulations are not quite clear. They state (article 40.13) that if the safety car is out at the end of the GP, it will pull in on the last lap and the cars will proceed over the line under yellows. However, the green flags were showing. So, in this instance, does that mean safety car conditions still applied? Or was it actually pulling in and that was why the Green Flags were showing? Doesn't that mean racing conditions? The rule, without saying it, refers to a full course yellow. The Safety car was coming in because the track was clear, hence the green flag so does Article 40.13 apply? If article 40.13 applies why the green flag? The info screens said 'safety car in this lap' So was it deployed when the overtake happened?

As for the 20 seconds, under the regulations they are very tied now as to what punishment they can dish out, it will have been a grid penalty at the next GP or a stated time penalty at this one. Not like in the old days when they could just make it up...

I'm not saying it's right or wrong btw, much as I like to see Schumi get humped, but if they decided he was guilty of breaking the regs then 20 seconds would be the lesser of the two punishments. I suspect it's one of those where the regs will be cleared up before the next GP.