PDA

View Full Version : Mini R56 tuning

norrie
14th May 2010, 05:46 PM
I am looking to get my new Mini First re-mapped and wondered if anyone could recommend someone to do it.
I took it to a garage in Edinburgh today but they weren't able to do it.
It is the one with the latest 1.6 engine.

Thanks.

Norrie.

stoney
14th May 2010, 05:49 PM
hi Norrie

i can recommend will @ P torque he re maped my R53

norrie
14th May 2010, 07:24 PM
I have contacted them but they said they would only be able to get a 12 BHP increase.

Norrie.

Mon the fish
15th May 2010, 07:04 AM
That's pretty good for a normally aspirated 1600 - mechanical changes would get you more. 12bhp from a remap is quite impressive, as long as driveability isn't compromised

GCA3N
15th May 2010, 09:35 AM
I am surprised as I thought it would be bigger. I know on the R50 cooper's you could only get around 10-12 BHP but on the one's (due to them being severly under tuned) there was a much bigger increase. I would have thought the mini first was similar, what does it run just now if you mind me asking?

Obviously as stated with few other alterations you could get more, ie exhaust, induction etc.

EDIT: I just looked and seen it only runs 75bhp I cannot understand why they would only quote you that. Make sure they know it's the newer 1.6 engine.

stoney
15th May 2010, 10:53 AM
can not comment on that but i know he is very good at re maping and knows what he is talking about so would think thats right it may just be the software that stops it as it adaptive ECU you may be as well seeing if you could get a cooper map put in to it ??

norrie
15th May 2010, 05:04 PM
Yeah I went to a tuner in Edinburgh yesterday who said he could acheive 125 BHP but he couldn't download the map for some reason.
It must be because it's the new engine.

Norrie.

GCA3N
15th May 2010, 05:57 PM
Yeah I went to a tuner in Edinburgh yesterday who said he could acheive 125 BHP but he couldn't download the map for some reason.
It must be because it's the new engine.

Norrie.

Sounds more like it though:thumbs up:

norrie
16th May 2010, 09:50 PM
I've also spoke to Evolve and they reckon they could acheive 125BHP as it looks as though it has the same engine as the Cooper but they have never done one before.
Now it's one thing going to someone in Edinburgh and finding out they can't do it but to go all the way down south and find they can't do it is another matter.

I'm really looking for someone close by if possible.

Norrie.

nobbyclark
28th May 2010, 11:42 AM
Do P torque also tune R53 MCSs? e.g. supercharger pulley upgrades?

cooperchris
28th May 2010, 05:44 PM
I took my cooper R50 to Falkland Performance in glenmrothes to get a superchip put into it. We put it onto the rollers an it was already sitting at 126.5bhp (standard only 115bhp) with just a filter. When we put the chip into it we got 128bhp.
Now there is a full magnex cat back it should hav a little more, Never had it back on the rollers since.

Just another option for you.