PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fibre - Any Interest?

Hogman
14th May 2010, 10:42 AM
I mentioned recently that I own a Carbon Fibre business supplying parts for Caterhams and Lotus Elises\Exiges and there was some interest in me supplying some Mini parts.

So would you be interested in Carbon Fibre parts for your Mini, if so what would you consider buying?

Please post what interest you may have in what parts and please post even if someone else has already said the same part as what you want, this will give me a better idea of what is popular.

If there is enough interest I will start work on Mini parts and become an NMS sponsor offering discounts etc.

Thanks
Kevin

Livi
14th May 2010, 10:48 AM
Kevin,

Maybe also an interest to start with would be the downtubes in the MINI's even mostly the first Gen's as they are no longer able to supply from MINI :thumbs up:

GCA3N
14th May 2010, 11:09 AM
Door handles, rear tail gait boot handle, fuel filler all for the R56.

Craig
14th May 2010, 11:37 AM
Interested in bonnet scoop, tail gate handle , mirror caps and fuel filler, all for r53...

Happy to be a test mule if required... ;). Obviously the parts list is dependant on price :yes nod:

GCA3N
14th May 2010, 11:56 AM
Interested in bonnet scoop, tail gate handle , mirror caps and fuel filler, all for r53...

Happy to be a test mule if required... ;). Obviously the parts list is dependant on price :yes nod:

oi you Is there any point in me doing these caps:lol:

Doug_m
14th May 2010, 12:25 PM
Intersted in down tubes, bonnet scoop and tailgate too

machine polish your car in exchange for carbon fibre goodies :p Lol

stoney
14th May 2010, 01:27 PM
Boot handle for R53 for me
Please

Craig
14th May 2010, 01:50 PM
oi you Is there any point in me doing these caps:lol:

Calm down, it all depends on the price ;). I will still use the caps for a good while. It may be too expensive to justify :frown: then you will have the rest to do :lol:

appreciate the effort :yes nod:

Forbes
15th May 2010, 08:38 AM
Yeah mainly bits as above for a r50

Hogman
17th May 2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Looks like I will add the Mini bits to the business and become a sponsor on here too.

The handle (door and boot), mirror covers (internal and external) and bonnet scoop all ok.

Fuel filler cap - I will need to investigate these further, so it would be 2011 at the earliest for those.

"Downtubes" - are these the 2 columns in the radio dash area? If so shouldnt be a problem.

Once we get a little bit further I will get sorted with my sponsorship and then can keep you all updated

For people offering their cars as test mules - thanks for the offer and I will be in touch in the future

Cheers
Kevin

Forbes
17th May 2010, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Looks like I will add the Mini bits to the business and become a sponsor on here too.

The handle (door and boot), mirror covers (internal and external) and bonnet scoop all ok.

Fuel filler cap - I will need to investigate these further, so it would be 2011 at the earliest for those.

"Downtubes" - are these the 2 columns in the radio dash area? If so shouldnt be a problem.

Once we get a little bit further I will get sorted with my sponsorship and then can keep you all updated

For people offering their cars as test mules - thanks for the offer and I will be in touch in the future

Cheers
Kevin

I'm in Aberdeen and like my carbon so more than willing to help

Livi
17th May 2010, 02:33 PM

The very ones, these are not available from MINI anymore

Craig
17th May 2010, 02:39 PM
Good news Kevin :thumbs up: