PDA

View Full Version : I hate Photobucket

pot007
13th May 2010, 04:50 PM
Not sure if i'm the only one, but because I only have a work PC now, I can't view 90% of the pictures on the NMS website (work block Photobucket) :argh: which means I can't see all your nice cars in the Gallery!

Can someone tell me the reasoning behind using Photobucket (there will no doubt be a good one).....

stoney
13th May 2010, 05:56 PM
easy to use and post up big pics rather than thumnails and can used in all forum's also it used to be the site was not big enuf to cope with the amount of photos but since gismo has taken over that has been fixed

AndyP & Lenore
13th May 2010, 06:06 PM
Yeah, like Rob says, the site used to have some pretty strict bandwidth restrictions, but that's no longer the case. So you can upload to the site's own server without any probs.

If you use multiple discussion forums, Photobucket can make it easier to link to images rather than uploading the same image to each forum.

However, lots of companies do restrict access to these remote image sites like Photobucket and flickR... no real answer to that.

I used to have a photobucket account - heck, maybe it's still there - but I hated it. It was so cumbersome and slow I gave up after a few months. That was a long time ago and I've no doubt it's much improved since then. However, I now have my own hosting space which I use for motorsportphotographic.com and that is so easy to use and no bandwidth issues at all.

A.

Forbes
13th May 2010, 06:10 PM
Do you have problems with Flickr aswell? If you know your IT guy well he might be willing to lift it for you:thumbs up:

Delboy
13th May 2010, 06:31 PM
I have the same problem at work with Photobucket due to the surf control software blocking the site - it's a real pain :frown:. Having said that, I actually quite like Photobucket itself :thumbs up:.

Mini Ecosse
13th May 2010, 07:21 PM
I have the same problem at work with Photobucket due to the surf control software blocking the site - it's a real pain :frown:. Having said that, I actually quite like Photobucket itself :thumbs up:.

Ditto :thumbs up:

GCA3N
13th May 2010, 07:24 PM
It's alot better than it used to be.

Gismo
13th May 2010, 08:48 PM
I can't view photobucket images either thanks to the works web sense.
I can obviously uplaod my images to the NMS server and i am willing to host other member's pictures as well, but, since moving to my new job in Gabon i can't install the ftp software, so, I can't access my own site when away working.

It's a bit much to expect folks to wait a month until i return to simply upload pictures...............

Craig
13th May 2010, 09:20 PM
BTW Alan - you really need to update your location in your profile.... :rolleyes:

gauldrymini
13th May 2010, 09:54 PM
I can't view photobucket images either thanks to the works web sense.

same for me with the work's web nonsense:frown:

Delboy
13th May 2010, 09:58 PM
Ditto :thumbs up:

No surprise there then :rolleyes: :lol: (You can't get anything now including eBay - does my box in :argh:)

pot007
14th May 2010, 11:05 AM
Its funny that I can go onto 'thesun.co.uk' and see pics of topless birds (accidentally of course), yet I can't see Stoney's GP!

I will have to invest in an Iphone I think.....or get a new job!