PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Link

Bazthemod
13th May 2010, 11:41 AM
Can we have the Facebook link activated like NorthernMini has?

Quite a few of us on here are on Facebook so would be handy. :cool:

GCA3N
13th May 2010, 04:20 PM
Can we have the Facebook link activated like NorthernMini has?

Quite a few of us on here are on Facebook so would be handy. :cool:

Great Idea Baz.

Craig
13th May 2010, 06:43 PM
One for Alan to deal with Baz..... Does nothing for me as not on Farcebook or twatter etc.... :rolleyes: :lol:

Stewart
13th May 2010, 07:03 PM
Craig I was the last to go on but some of my School friends are on it from way back and having joined I’ve had a few excellent fun days with old friends. If you set it up right it would not detract from the main site as you can just build pages with links to the main site.

There is a few dealers on there as it is. All Alan would need to do would give its blessing and someone could do it....

GCA3N
13th May 2010, 07:25 PM
Facebook is good and handy for keeping in touch too.

Gismo
13th May 2010, 08:38 PM
I have no problem with implementing it as long as someone takes ownership of the running of it? anyone willing?

The Dogfather
13th May 2010, 08:43 PM
I can report it doesn't do much at the moment, the next update will add more facebook features

GCA3N
13th May 2010, 08:47 PM
I have no problem with implementing it as long as someone takes ownership of the running of it? anyone willing?

......and Q Baz.

Fartin Martin
13th May 2010, 08:49 PM
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Gismo
13th May 2010, 08:51 PM
I can report it doesn't do much at the moment, the next update will add more facebook featuresPaul, since it takes me about 10 mins to log on with the crappy internet connection here offshore Gabon, is it a simple task to switch it on?

Bazthemod
13th May 2010, 08:57 PM
I will look after it then

AndyP & Lenore
13th May 2010, 08:59 PM
Paul, since it takes me about 10 mins to log on with the crappy internet connection here offshore Gabon, is it a simple task to switch it on?

I'll have a look at it for you if you wish.

A.

GCA3N
13th May 2010, 09:00 PM
I will look after it then

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

The Dogfather
13th May 2010, 09:00 PM
No, its quite complex you need to setup a developer account on Facebook and then plug the details into the vbulletin options.

The Dogfather
13th May 2010, 09:07 PM
I can setup the application on my account if you want, I can then send you the details via PM.

But this would give me complete control of the site and your bank accounts :laugh:

But as I said its probably not worth doing at the moment as far as the functionality is concerned.

Gismo
13th May 2010, 09:19 PM
I will look after it thenNice one Baz, forthwith you are the NMS facebook guru

I'll have a look at it for you if you wish.

A.

I can setup the application on my account if you want, I can then send you the details via PM.

But this would give me complete control of the site and your bank accounts :laugh:

But as I said its probably not worth doing at the moment as far as the functionality is concerned.Taking Paul's advice i will leave this off for now until i get home on the 29th May and look fully into implementing it on NMS

AndyP & Lenore
13th May 2010, 09:20 PM
No, its quite complex you need to setup a developer account on Facebook and then plug the details into the vbulletin options.

Oh right. No worries then. Don't even have an account on Facebook.

A.

Bazthemod
13th May 2010, 09:35 PM
Cool beans! :) From what i'v seen the update coming will be handy for facebookers

Gismo
13th May 2010, 09:48 PM
I'll be honest, i've always hated these types of forums, very easily abused and hacked etc, but, am willing for NMS to step into the 21st century, so, will be interesting to see what type of comments it gets when i get it implemented