PDA

View Full Version : A quick question?????

Stewart
10th May 2010, 08:01 PM
A quick question. :argh:

If when I put in my phob into the car today after washing it the Warning came on that a bulb was out. Pulled the phob out and put it back in and started the car and got nothing. Checked all the lights outside and they look fine.

If a bulb was out would it keep repeating the warning or just flag up the once? :blush:

Bazthemod
10th May 2010, 08:03 PM
Would repeat everytime at first startup

GCA3N
10th May 2010, 08:26 PM
I had a bulb go recently and like baz said came on everytime. Did u check number plate lights too, thats what I had go out.

Stewart
11th May 2010, 09:48 AM
Yeah every light checked and ok...

Cheers I thought it would repeat again and again. Must have just had a hissy fit that start up and it did not come back on.

Duncan Stewart
12th May 2010, 10:54 PM
I had this warning light come on a few times with my blue cooper, but could not find a light out and when I restarted the light went out.
I had a cracked lens on one of my sidelights and than let a little water in - the lens steamed up a bit sometimes - which I think was causing it - it stopped happening after I got the sidelight changed
Perhaps it was just a little water from washing the car that caused it?

AndyP & Lenore
12th May 2010, 10:58 PM
I had this warning light come on a few times with my blue cooper, but could not find a light out and when I restarted the light went out.
I had a cracked lens on one of my sidelights and than let a little water in - the lens steamed up a bit sometimes - which I think was causing it - it stopped happening after I got the sidelight changed
Perhaps it was just a little water from washing the car that caused it?

Duncan, that's interesting to know. We're getting the "bulb out" warning every now and then also. It's always the "right parking light". Will have a wee looky and see if there's any condomsation.

A. :D

baptie
13th May 2010, 07:22 AM
you changed bulbs to LED's or added new bulbs in recent days?

KenL
13th May 2010, 07:32 AM
Possibly a dicky filament in a bulb?

I have had a bulb go intermittently where the filament is broken right at the end but touches on to make a connection and then can move off.

If you take the bulb out you might see it moves about if you gently shake it.

I wouldn't worry about having much of a problem.

Delboy
13th May 2010, 09:01 AM
It's always the "right parking light". Will have a wee looky and see if there's any condomsation.

Interesting place to keep your rubbers.... :lol:

gauldrymini
13th May 2010, 09:06 AM
great spot...Del "EAGLE-EYES":clap:

GCA3N
13th May 2010, 09:07 AM
Will have a wee looky and see if there's any condomsation.

A. :D

CONDOMSATION EH, new one to me :lol:

Stewart
13th May 2010, 09:37 AM
Hope nothing is cracked, but as I ‘ve said one of the front fog lights has condensation in it, I’ve read on here seems to be the norm. I had the car further back down the drive that’s on a hill so it was at a steeper angle. I’ll just right it off to a glitch and watch if it come on again.

GCA3N
13th May 2010, 09:45 AM
Hope nothing is cracked, but as I ‘ve said one of the front fog lights has condensation in it, I’ve read on here seems to be the norm. I had the car further back down the drive that’s on a hill so it was at a steeper angle. I’ll just right it off to a glitch and watch if it come on again.

The moisture in the fog light is a pain in the hoop. The best way is to get a small silca gel pack (the ones you find in shoe boxes etc, absorbs moisture) Don't think that would cause a fault light.

AndyP & Lenore
13th May 2010, 11:44 AM
Interesting place to keep your rubbers.... :lol:

great spot...Del "EAGLE-EYES":clap:

CONDOMSATION EH, new one to me :lol:

A deliberate miss-spell, guys. Don't know why but since I was a teenager, even in speech I refer to it as condomsation. But if you don't know me I guess it looks like I'm stupid. Which is also true, but for very different reasons.:laugh:

A.:D

Stewart
14th May 2010, 06:27 PM
Came on again so thats a few times now so quick vist to Fairbairns. It was a faulty connection in the rear loom so hopefully its all fixed. I even resisted putting that down payment down on the Clubman Works just like that one on NM…..aye right I wish. :smilewinkgrin:

At least they did not come back out and say they could find nothing wrong. :thumbs up:

norrie
14th May 2010, 08:28 PM
Had a similar problem with my mothers Seat Ibiza.
The bodyshop had to paint the bumper as someone had reversed into it and to remove the bumper they had to remove the rear lights.
When she got it back the warning lamp came on, there wasn't a bulb out however when you braked and put on the rhs indicator the fog light would flash at the same time as if it was a bad earth.
The bodyshop couldn't fix it but it was in for it's first service the other day and they said it was a bad connection on the fog light.

Norrie.

N12 JLK
14th May 2010, 08:41 PM
My VW does this all the time, bulb warnings on the dash, turn the engine off and on again and its fixed. I said to VW when it was in for a service and they found nothing, Im putting it down to my late dad pissing me off. Ta dad.