PDA

View Full Version : Good reads

AndyP & Lenore
10th May 2010, 07:14 PM
Anyone else here read books....?

I like a good thriller (the USA classes them as mystery's). Fave authors are: Lee Child:thumbs up::thumbs up:, Lawrence Block, Harlan Coben (although I don't like his Myron Bolitar books), Robert Crais, Ian Rankin, Zoe Sharp, etc.

Currently reading Deception Point by Dan Brown. It's 10X better than Da Vinci Code, but a fraction of the sales and no huge Hollywood movie - go figure.

What you all reading just now?

A.:D

gauldrymini
10th May 2010, 07:21 PM
"Pirate Latitudes" by Michael Crichton...kind of a Pirates of the Caribbean esque book. Quite good so far...

Used to hate reading but do enjoy a good book now

GCA3N
10th May 2010, 07:29 PM
...Book, is that like a film where you have to read.....kidding aside I loved deception point like you say a lot better than the da Vinci code.

Burple
10th May 2010, 07:38 PM
Just finished Christopher Brookmyre's latest - Pandaemonium. Fantastic stuff as always from him :D

Still in the Middle of Vulcan 607, Richard Hammond's 'As You Are' and The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins..

If I ever get the chance to finish them all!! :D

AndyP & Lenore
10th May 2010, 07:47 PM
"Pirate Latitudes" by Michael Crichton...kind of a Pirates of the Caribbean esque book. Quite good so far...

Used to hate reading but do enjoy a good book now

That must have been one of his last books.

I used to love Crichton, but his latest books I found very dull and quite poorly written. Is "Pirates" better?

Will pick a copy up if so.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
10th May 2010, 07:50 PM
Just finished Christopher Brookmyre's latest - Pandaemonium. Fantastic stuff as always from him :D

Still in the Middle of Vulcan 607, Richard Hammond's 'As You Are' and The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins..

If I ever get the chance to finish them all!! :D

I read "A Bog Boy Did It And Ran Away" a couple of years ago and found it a bit..... strange. A good read at the end of the day, but took a fair bit to get in to.

"As You Are".....:confused::confused::confused: Do you mean "As You Do"? Thats was a good read.

A.

Delboy
10th May 2010, 07:57 PM
I've read all of Dan Brown's recent books (including Deception Point) and really enjoyed them all to varying degrees :thumbs up:.

I love John Grisham books and have read almost every one of them.

Simon Kernick is another one of my recent favourite authors - very easy reads for holidays and such like. Check out Relentless!

I'm currently reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.

gauldrymini
10th May 2010, 08:11 PM
That must have been one of his last books.

I used to love Crichton, but his latest books I found very dull and quite poorly written. Is "Pirates" better?

Will pick a copy up if so.

A.

Andy, its easy going reading, the type I like, and it was his last book I believe. I can post it to you once I finish if you want...just PM me your address.

Andrew

Burple
10th May 2010, 09:58 PM
I read "A Bog Boy Did It And Ran Away" a couple of years ago and found it a bit..... strange. A good read at the end of the day, but took a fair bit to get in to.

"As You Are".....:confused::confused::confused: Do you mean "As You Do"? Thats was a good read.

A.

Err.. yeah.. that's the one :D Oops! That's what I get for typing and trying to chuck up photos on Flickr at the same time :D:D

audrey
10th May 2010, 11:28 PM
James Patterson books are good think I have read every one of the Alex Cross ones brilliant can't put them down.

Reading the True Blood trilogy just now it's not bad but starting to lose interest in it tbh :D

AndyP & Lenore
10th May 2010, 11:36 PM
James Patterson books are good think I have read every one of the Alex Cross ones brilliant can't put them down.

Reading the True Blood trilogy just now it's not bad but starting to lose interest in it tbh :D

Never read any Patterson's. Really need to pick one up. However, the recent one's often have a by-line writer attached. Never like that as I'd be wondering all the way through, did this guy really write this or did his cohort who's getting 1/10th of the royalties.:frown:

A.:D

AndyP & Lenore
10th May 2010, 11:38 PM
Andy, its easy going reading, the type I like, and it was his last book I believe. I can post it to you once I finish if you want...just PM me your address.

Andrew

Cheers Andrew, no worries though, I'll pick one up in paperback.

Have you read any of Lee Child's Jack Reacher books?

A.