PDA

View Full Version : JCW pads

toxic frog
10th May 2010, 06:23 PM
I have AP calipers on my newly purchased 2004 JCW and from work done by previous owner it seems to be shod with JCW pads.

Problem is i find these to be NOT upto the job of spirited driving as i suffered brake fade after 2 roundabouts and the discs had turned blue with the heat .:argh:

Not sure what size the disc is but maybe someone on here knows what size the AP caliper accomodates .

Would love to go for a 2 piece ally bell and rotor setup if any one does one for this caliper and what good fast road /race pad fits .

regards jools

stoney
10th May 2010, 10:05 PM
GTT seem to do good pads and disks im shure ryan k had ap brakes on some of his minis would give him a pm

RyanK
10th May 2010, 10:08 PM
I had the GTT ones on my porsche brembos, they were awful imo. Brakes faded after around 15 miles of thrashing in the old gp...this could of been down to the fluid in the car though :)

I used Carbotech XP8's for a few months before I sold the car, can't beat them. Give me a shout if you need the reference numbers for them. About £170 for the 2 fronts from Mr carbotech himself

GCA3N
10th May 2010, 10:19 PM
. About £170 for the 2 fronts from Mr carbotech himself

Choke, they'd have to be bloody amazing at that price, didn't even know you could pay that for pads Ryan.

stoney
10th May 2010, 10:21 PM
I had the GTT ones on my porsche brembos, they were awful imo. Brakes faded after around 15 miles of thrashing in the old gp...this could of been down to the fluid in the car though :)

I used Carbotech XP8's for a few months before I sold the car, can't beat them. Give me a shout if you need the reference numbers for them. About £170 for the 2 fronts from Mr carbotech himself

i stand corected as never used them !!!

RyanK
10th May 2010, 10:24 PM
Choke, they'd have to be bloody amazing at that price, didn't even know you could pay that for pads Ryan.

shipped ;)

and they last forever! Done a couple of trackdays and loads of hooning and they still had the same 'bite' as if they were new. Highly recommend them!!

RyanK
10th May 2010, 10:25 PM
i stand corected as never used them !!!

Possibly down to the fluid. BMW might of flushed the dot 5 in favour of standard dot 4 etc. Probably this as they were cooked very quickly lol

GCA3N
10th May 2010, 10:27 PM
shipped ;)

and they last forever! Done a couple of trackdays and loads of hooning and they still had the same 'bite' as if they were new. Highly recommend them!!

If I will the lottery I maybe get some .:lol:

Mon the fish
11th May 2010, 07:31 AM
shipped ;)

Are the Carbotechs ok to use with standard discs, or are they too aggressive a pad?