PDA

View Full Version : K&N Filter

CooperTrooper
30th June 2004, 10:45 PM
ok guys,

got my k&N 57i yesterday, stuck it on last night -

1. i broke a plastic clip holding on the sorta air scoop bit behind the grill? anyone know how much one of these is likely to cost, cos its annoying me!

2. I'd read that k&n's can rub a hole in the soundproofing, and after only 50milesish - its goin shiny already :(

so, im gonna bring the car in shortly and try and stop this! anyone got any ideas? heavy tape? rubber patch?, cos i dont want bmw seein it with a K&N on, and a hole in the soundproofing looks bad :eek:

any advise? :approve:

Burple
30th June 2004, 11:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by CooperTrooper

ok guys,

got my k&N 57i yesterday, stuck it on last night -
1. i broke a plastic clip holding on the sorta air scoop bit behind the grill? anyone know how much one of these is likely to cost, cos its annoying me!
2. I'd read that k&n's can rub a hole in the soundproofing, and after only 50milesish - its goin shiny already :(
so, im gonna bring the car in shortly and try and stop this! anyone got any ideas? heavy tape? rubber patch?, cos i dont want bmw seein it with a K&N on, and a hole in the soundproofing looks bad :eek:
any advise? :approve:

Hmmm....

1.) i think we *ALL* have when we tried it! doesn't really matter muc now cos the scoop isn't being used nerly as much as with the standard filtr.

2.) dunno I'm afraid... I ot a RamAir filter, and this has different ducting and goes nowhere near the soundproofing! ;):D:p:clown:

GAJ
1st July 2004, 12:00 AM
I know the wee clip you are talking about - mine broke too. It will only be a couple of quid.

Try angling the filter as low as it will go and it shouldn't rub too bad. Duck tape doesn't stick well to the bonnet lining, and leaves a mark. I don't think there is any easy answer, just got to live with it.

CooperTrooper
1st July 2004, 12:06 AM
:dead:

I dont wanna live with it! :(

but, i've got a few wee tricks up my sleeve im gonna try, using various stuff u would normally find on roof :p (dont ask!)

also, while i remember, did anybody else find the K&N instructions, didnt tell you to snap a cable tie, so that u can get the air box out? took me a while to suss it!

:approve: