PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Grand Prix

N16SHP
10th May 2010, 10:26 AM
Well another procession from the F1 boys. Hamilton was my drive of the day for me, he did so well to split the Red Bulls, it's a shame his tyres let him down! Also very impressed with Albasuari (spelling?) thought he drove well apart from his incident that caused the drive through!

Bring on Monaco, I think probably a favorite of everyone!

euan
10th May 2010, 11:35 AM
If you think it was a procession in Spain, wait till you see Monaco! I'm looking forward to the chaos of the first qualifying though, could throw up a few interesting results with cars not getting a clear run.

I've not watched all the GP from Barcelona yet, but those Red Bulls are so fast. Shame for Hamilton, would have put him right in the hunt for the championship again.

baptie
10th May 2010, 12:55 PM
I hate shumacher with a passion but to see him Keep Button at bay for 50+ Laps was great, just goes to show he still has the beans....even if they are Ex world champion old beans.

Delboy
10th May 2010, 01:26 PM
Very boring race :yawn: - glad I recorded it as I watched most of it a 6x speed! As we said before, F1 races now need rain showers to make them exciting...

N16SHP
10th May 2010, 01:43 PM
If you think it was a procession in Spain, wait till you see Monaco! I'm looking forward to the chaos of the first qualifying though, could throw up a few interesting results with cars not getting a clear run.

I've not watched all the GP from Barcelona yet, but those Red Bulls are so fast. Shame for Hamilton, would have put him right in the hunt for the championship again.

When was the last time Monaco was won by someone not on the front row 2 rows? I don't even know the answer myself, but with no refueling, it may very well be a procession also!

Have to very much agree with you that qually 1 is going to be very interesting indeed!

Fairy
11th May 2010, 03:10 PM
I hate shumacher with a passion but to see him Keep Button at bay for 50+ Laps was great, just goes to show he still has the beans....even if they are Ex world champion old beans.

Its not that Schumacher kept Jenson behind him - it was the fact that Jenson has absolutely no idea of how to overtake him!!! The guy has no where near the passion and raw talent that Lewis does, even the commentators mentioned that if it had been Lewis behind Michael he would have been past...the only way Jenson makes up places is by leap-frogging folk in the pits or if someone else crashes out / retires in front of him...period!
I read that in the first 4 races out of 34 overtaking manouvers it was Lewis who did 30 of them! Jenson managed just the 4!!!
Just my opinion and I know it wont be popular but Im glad Jenson is finally being seen for what he is...a careful, tactical driver whereas Lewis has the speed, determination, born-to-drive attitude for the job, they mention Jenson is good with the tyres, and Lewis
annihilates his - yes thats because Lewis drives for his life everytime he's in the car whereas Jenson tip-toes round the track waiting for the others to make a mistake so he can take advantage - the guy annoys me!

Rant over - go on then, someone shoot me down! =)

Delboy
11th May 2010, 04:00 PM
Its not that Schumacher kept Jenson behind him - it was the fact that Jenson has absolutely no idea of how to overtake him!!! The guy has no where near the passion and raw talent that Lewis does, even the commentators mentioned that if it had been Lewis behind Michael he would have been past...the only way Jenson makes up places is by leap-frogging folk in the pits or if someone else crashes out / retires in front of him...period!
I read that in the first 4 races out of 34 overtaking manouvers it was Lewis who did 30 of them! Jenson managed just the 4!!!
Just my opinion and I know it wont be popular but Im glad Jenson is finally being seen for what he is...a careful, tactical driver whereas Lewis has the speed, determination, born-to-drive attitude for the job, they mention Jenson is good with the tyres, and Lewis
annihilates his - yes thats because Lewis drives for his life everytime he's in the car whereas Jenson tip-toes round the track waiting for the others to make a mistake so he can take advantage - the guy annoys me!

Rant over - go on then, someone shoot me down! =)

There's nothing like a restrained, balanced point of view.......and that certainly was nothing like a restrained, balanced point of view ;).

I agree that Button and Hamilton have very different driving styles but I think they are both talented drivers. Plus, ruining your tyres more quickly than your team mate is not always the best strategy :hand:.

Fairy
11th May 2010, 04:34 PM
B*lls to strategy - I know thats the aim of the game and tactics really do play a huge part in F1 but I love watching drivers (Lewis in particular) challange for the places and worry about the tyres + stewards views later on, there are so many rules now like not being able to dart around behind the guy your wanting to overtake or if they push their opponent off the road - c'mon its racing!! there are 24 guys on the grid - they are full of testosterone and just boys in toys at the enod of the day - to hell with rules - Let Them Race!!! :thumbs up:

euan
11th May 2010, 04:46 PM
B*lls to strategy - I know thats the aim of the game and tactics really do play a huge part in F1 but I love watching drivers (Lewis in particular) challange for the places and worry about the tyres + stewards views later on, there are so many rules now like not being able to dart around behind the guy your wanting to overtake or if they push their opponent off the road - c'mon its racing!! there are 24 guys on the grid - they are full of testosterone and just boys in toys at the enod of the day - to hell with rules - Let Them Race!!! :thumbs up:

True, but if Lewis had an element of tactics in him, he'd be a multiple world champion by now. I'm with you though on letting them race, when I was younger I used to watch Berger and jean Alesi in the ferraris on free practice, coming out of every single corner sideways. Was fantastic to watch.

stoney
11th May 2010, 07:05 PM
come on button

button to win :lol:

hes not as bighead like hamilton

baptie
11th May 2010, 09:38 PM
I kinda agree about Button trundling alone but they are playing the game the way its been played for a few years, get your man to the finish and 1st if you can.
As above, my biggest issue is I really canny go Hamilton, he is soooooo big headed, aye he is good but not as good as he thinks!

Shouting over the radio to Charlie Whiting abaout back markers, If I was Charlie I would drag him aside and get him told.

not really been following a driver/team for a few years, simply enjoy the sport and all the circus that goes with it.