PDA

View Full Version : Order of waxes

Mon the fish
9th May 2010, 02:59 PM
Right, I've accumulated quite a lot of waxes etc, and just want to check I'm using them in the right order.

After waxing, Tardis, claying etc, I use Klasse AIO to polish the paint, then Poorboys EX sealant with carnuba. Do I put Collinite 915 on top of this, or instead of the EX? I've also got some Meguiars NXT wax, do I use this as a middle coat?

Help please!

Stewart
9th May 2010, 04:16 PM
I came to the conclusion I would polish, glaze and wax in summer and polish and sealant in winter. I did read you can put wax on my Sealant but its not the best thing to do.
I’d say at the very least Wax over sealant but Your sealant I don’t think will sit on your wax and a waste.

Mon the fish
9th May 2010, 06:44 PM
So, Klasse, Collinite, EX Sealant?

Stewart
9th May 2010, 10:35 PM
The Thinking is the sealants last longer and give great protection with good looks, but some feel the waxes look warmer or better.

I can do My sealant before the winter and the car beads and washes really well for months.. Don’t want to be out waxing in the winter.

Never used the Collinite but it gets good reviews for lasting very long. How it works on top of your sealant is another thing. I’d polish like you said and only use either the wax or Sealant. (if you really want to use all three Wax on last)

I should talk my car need done head to toe. been doing stone chips and getting tar off itthe last few washes.

KenL
10th May 2010, 01:26 PM
"Pure" wax should be the last step. Collinte lasts really well.

I do not see any need for using NXT at all, I don't think it is good or long lasting.

From your products I would just use Klasse (polishes and seals) followed by the Collinte (ideally more than one coat).

Your poorboys would just remove the Klasse so no real need to use it as well.

ianking
10th May 2010, 01:34 PM
yeah I would also say just do the klasse then the collonite.

If you used megs NXT it would remove the Klasse as it has cleaners in it which strip off the previous. Hence it cant be layered.

Im more a wax man than a sealant man, although I do have zaino zfx'd Z2 on my classic mini at the moment.

Mon the fish
10th May 2010, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the replies, is there anything I should buy that I would be better off with? Quite like Klasse, seems to give a good shine on its own, before any wax is applied

ianking
10th May 2010, 02:44 PM
If you are happy with Klasse then just stick with it.