PDA

View Full Version : Pulled over.

E1ONN
8th May 2010, 12:58 PM
i got pulled over by the cop car in montrose last nite for my illegal number plates haha. luckily i new the policeman and he just gave me a warning and let me off with a £60 fine. so its back to standard plates now. :frown:

KenL
8th May 2010, 03:20 PM
I'm sorry that you lost some money. I have heard that some police just tel you to change them to the way they should be and leave it at that.

It amazes (and annoys) me that there are SO many cars with dodgy plates on the roads.

Forbes
8th May 2010, 04:54 PM
I thought the penalty for bad plates was £30 but most allow you to fix them

E1ONN
8th May 2010, 07:24 PM
i never got fined, he just let me off with the fine. aye it was a £30 fine but he was yapping on bot the law or summit like that has changed and you dont get any warnings just a fine and told to change them. luckily i got off lite lol

KenL
8th May 2010, 07:38 PM
Good stuff that you were not fined.

Your car will look even better without "chavvy" plates :hand::smilewinkgrin:

KenL
8th May 2010, 07:40 PM
I thought the penalty for bad plates was £30 but most allow you to fix them

It can be a LOT worse, see here:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/dvla/forms/~/media/pdf/leaflets/V796.ashx

E1ONN
8th May 2010, 08:17 PM
nah nah ;) spent all day today t-cutting and polishing my car, after a few hours later it looks great! :D

KenL
8th May 2010, 08:46 PM
nah nah ;) spent all day today t-cutting and polishing my car, after a few hours later it looks great! :D

T-cut!

Was the paint badly dulled? Take yourself to the car-care forum or visit http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/ to get sound advice on how to make your car look really great...

N16SHP
9th May 2010, 07:59 PM
**Shivers** t-cut! To be fair, I used to think it was decent until I, like you suggested Ken, did some reading and visited polished bliss!!!!

E1ONN
9th May 2010, 10:15 PM
Whats so bad about t-cut?

N16SHP
9th May 2010, 11:34 PM
From what i've been told its quite abrasive, and also doesn't really protect the paintwork but simply just attempts to restore it!

norrie
10th May 2010, 07:06 PM
A clay bar is the way to go to clean the paintwork up.

Norrie.